Big branch over house.

Mike Hill

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the thing.If we had had to ring all that up and carry it out with wheel barrows it would have been three long days for three guys.If we had wanted to make a long day of it,we could had finnished that job in one.

I think that alot of our injuries come not from climbing,but from lifting heavy things onto the back of trucks.

I think that alot of our injuries come not from climbing,but from lifting heavy things onto the back of trucks.

thats what me and Tom were saying yesterday, we carried out approx 4 ton i reckon between the 3 of us, and most of the bits were grunters, and we had wrestled the wood and stacked it before we had to carry it due to space, 1 more groundie would of been perfect to keep our feet clear but thats life. I am totally knackered today and am not worth a dam, i must admit if i hadnt taken your lead and advice about the gym i wouldnt of managed the days graft i put in yesterday, my back would of been killing me just from the drive through let alone carrying 1 end of gloria down those stairs:laugh1:

We probably shifted about three ton yesterday.It had to go uphill about 200meters.

Two guys pulling levers and it took about two hours.

The Track barrow carry's about a ton,but you can't fit anywhere near a ton of wood on it.

tracked barrows are great, i have one but there was no way of getting anything into that job of Toms, even the wheel barrow was tight in the close and then it got a puncture lol a hiab would of been handy to lift it out the basement level though

You guys are definately right, with a job like yesterdays there's nothing you can really do except handball it, but 80% of the time there are tools that can help out, I am definately up for getting a fast tow trailer with crane for the landy and possibly a track barrow as well.

If I had only climbed yesterday I'd be feeling fine now, instead I have sore legs and arms and bruises on the shoulders and neck from carrying stuff.:thumbdown: Mind you I just remembered I did stack it with a big lump on my shoulder, that could have done the bruising.:blushing: