Self propelled, tow-able splitter help...

farmer_ben

Anyone use one of these, I know Free Treller does but he isnt on here much?! I think this type of splitter would suit me best as I have 3 sites where my wood is and only 1 tractor, which is normally powering the saw bench anyway.

Suggestions on models etc would be great, I'm fully aware these types of splitters are more expensive :(

Im no expert on log splitters mate but i know Riko do a couple of tow able splitters, Also theres 3 or 4 on Ebay for sale, Between £1200 and £3000.

Have a look at both sites, Might give you an idea of whats out there mate :thumbup1:

Thor do one, which is the one i have. Road legal, 13t splitting pressure, 10HP B&S petrol engine, splits upto 1.1m in vertical but can be used horizontal as well. Contact M.Large as they are the UK importers, they should put you in touch with local dealer

Use mine to split in to 3-4ft billets. Also hired it out with me as operator 5 times this winter (£25-£30/hour, min 4 hours)

One job was to split some really old Ekki rings up to 4ft diameter and 18" thick - client had been looking for 2 years for some one to come along and do it, good machine!

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting an old council 6ft diesel mower and mounting a 3pt linkage splitter on the front after removing the deck. You would have a lift as well as driveable machine and the hyd pump should be man enough. What do you think :thumbup1: