Moving to UK - Work Needed E. Midlands or along the M4

xdarkknight

Heyya,

My name is Bryce Tangvald. I'm moving from Seattle, WA, USA to the UK at the beginning of June '10.

I've been working with an Arborist/Climbing trainer for the last 6 months after other jobs doing wilderness trails work and working as an EMT with a local ambulance svc. I'm a US NREMT certified Wilderness-Emergency Medical Technician with 2 years of experience. I have started training in Arboriculture, Pruning Operations, Tree Climbing and Rigging Procedures and am constantly improving upon my skills.

The last 6 months I have been the Groundsman for a 2 man crew. I am proficient in the operation and use of Chainsaws, brush cutters, Tree-Stump Grinders & Chippers. As an EMT, I drove a large vehicle all day long. Now, as the groundsman, I drive the Chip-Truck with Chipper Trailer to every job-site. I am knowledgeable in basic to intermediate pruning operations and have basic experience Tree Climbing.

As I'm moving from the USA to the UK at the beginning of June, I won't be bringing PPE and I won't have any UK specific Proficiency certifications. As such, I am hoping to find an employer who is willing to put my experience to work and maybe help sponsor me to get Certs CS30/31/32/38/39/40/45/46 and to help me as I collect further adequate PPE and experience. (I know my CS#'s are ambitious, but I'm up for the challenge).

Initially, we will be spending some time in southern Leicestershire, but are hoping to move to within 25 miles of the length of the M4 (North or South).

Hoping for someone with 5+ years in the industry, but it's alright if not. I am, however, looking for a good quality operation to join. If that's you, give me a Call, PM or Email!

For further information, please see my basic CV

Thanks for looking!!

Bryce Tangvald

Tangvald CV (Basic) 2010-04-28.txt

When I read that I suddenly wish I was a big employer in the area you describe. You mention along the M4 - meaning between wales and london? I can't help you directly as per the above statement but I can think of an outfit or two in that area who might appreciate your skills. Will pm you as and when. :001_smile:

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Heyya,

My name is Bryce Tangvald. I'm moving from Seattle, WA, USA to the UK at the beginning of June '10.

I've been working with an Arborist/Climbing trainer for the last 6 months after other jobs doing wilderness trails work and working as an EMT with a local ambulance svc. I'm a US NREMT certified Wilderness-Emergency Medical Technician with 2 years of experience. I have started training in Arboriculture, Pruning Operations, Tree Climbing and Rigging Procedures and am constantly improving upon my skills.

The last 6 months I have been the Groundsman for a 2 man crew. I am proficient in the operation and use of Chainsaws, brush cutters, Tree-Stump Grinders & Chippers. As an EMT, I drove a large vehicle all day long. Now, as the groundsman, I drive the Chip-Truck with Chipper Trailer to every job-site. I am knowledgeable in basic to intermediate pruning operations and have basic experience Tree Climbing.

As I'm moving from the USA to the UK at the beginning of June, I won't be bringing PPE and I won't have any UK specific Proficiency certifications. As such, I am hoping to find an employer who is willing to put my experience to work and maybe help sponsor me to get Certs CS30/31/32/38/39/40/45/46 and to help me as I collect further adequate PPE and experience. (I know my CS#'s are ambitious, but I'm up for the challenge).

Initially, we will be spending some time in southern Leicestershire, but are hoping to move to within 25 miles of the length of the M4 (North or South).

Hoping for someone with 5+ years in the industry, but it's alright if not. I am, however, looking for a good quality operation to join. If that's you, give me a Call, PM or Email!

For further information, please see my basic CV

Thanks for looking!!

Bryce Tangvald

Someone give this man a job, Thats the best ' I need a job' post i've seen on here.

Certainly beats the poorly worded, half hearted attempts, we usually get.

Best of luck with your move and job hunt mate:thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

• 5 DAYS left of tree work in the US!
  • 18 May: shipping most worldly belongings to UK (only to wait 2 months for them to arrive).
  • 19 May: Clean apartment (flat) so as to get deposit refunded back.
  • 20 May: travel to parent's to visit w/ family before "the big move".
  • 2 June: Fly.
  • 3 June: Arrive in UK...
  • 4 June: Get Mobile contract & contact everyone looking for employment/direction for employment.

If you are looking to expand or boost your company in June and you just so happen to do business somewhere between Bristol & Swindon, send me a PM or an email! I'm looking forward to going to the Arb show in Cirencester, so perhaps PM me & we could set up a good meeting point or at least exchange Mobile numbers.

I have sent my "resume" (CV) to a good dozen arb co's in Wilts/ Gloucs/ E.Somerset with 1 thoroughly encouraging reply. Thanks to you GW! You've actually made this move much less stressful & daunting!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here's the news:

all our stuff is headed via ocean going freight from Charleston SC to the UK (6-8 weeks).

My wife & I have left our apartment, sold, charity shopped or trashed many of our belongings. sold my Jeep (RIP). am now staying with family for a week and a bit.

We fly out on 2 June and arrive late 3 June (if Eyjafjallakjofull has calmed itself down some).

Unless some unforeseen advent occurs, I'll be at the Arb Show in Cirencester, 11th & 12th June.

If you want to meet me, PM or Email me. (though someone's been messing with my email, so I've had the powers that be lock down the account. Don't know what I'll find when I get back into it.)

And, again, if you're interested in meeting me and showing me the ropes of arb work in the UK, let me know. Who knows, maybe you'll have a hard working new co-worker on your hands!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here I am. Sitting, staring out the window at cars driving on the WRONG side of the road (there's a REASON we call it the "right" side!), which can mean 1 of several things:

*I'm upside-down. in which case maybe I need to work on my work-positioning abilities.

*I'm IN the UK. which explains why I'm seeing strange animal crossings, only 1 of which is a locally found animal and only one of which is at all likely (equestrian crossing) (look at your local "highway-code" book)

*I'm not working yet. which is true, if you don't count working on my father-in-law's burnt out Stihl E14 Chainsaw... burnt out due to a dead-dull chain and RR sleepers. as well as lifting and moving said sleepers into a back garden. so I need employment.

You know my details as listed above. Give me a PM or a bell if you have ANY CONTACTS or any Advise about schools for nptc certs, gear, etc.

Thanks guys! Hope to hear from one of you soon!

Bryce T.