Sat-nav ???

hazzygawa

The place I was working had Garmins but they used to struggle to find signals. One day (we were going to Blyth, Ashington, & Newcastle) the Garmin couldn't find a signal so we called in at my house and picked up my Tom Tom. Happy days!! No problems whatsoever, worked perfectly!

My sister and I went and bought one each last Christmas; I went for the TomTom One XL and she went for the £ equivilent Garmin. Lets just say, I use mine all the time - she ditched hers after weeks - ages to get satellites, pita to update, made numerous mistakes. The TT isn't perfect but can't complain.

I think google are about to do a free directional sat nav for your phones, that's why you can now buy tomtom's real cheap.

I have the 750 with live services, but I do live in london, the few times that it has made me avoid big traffic jams have been invaluable. Also the new software for the maps and directions are really good.

I have an amazing system, which never fails me.....its called a map. I have had copilot and something on another phone. What a waste of time and money IMHO. Street map in town, and road map on the journey. How did we ever survive to the 21st century i wonder LOL.

I have an amazing system, which never fails me.....its called a map. I have had copilot and something on another phone. What a waste of time and money IMHO. Street map in town, and road map on the journey. How did we ever survive to the 21st century i wonder LOL.

Man after my own heart Tom.

(Managed to avoid the Tom Tom pun Tom.)

I had one for my especially for my motorbike, stuck it on the tank with the attachment then speed tested it. It held on well to 120, it now lives on the embankment of the M5!!!!!!

I now have a tom tom xl, its seems cheap enough and simple enough.

only one major road down here though

got built in landy satnav. It gets you there.......via beyond

tomtom is the best. Or tom with his roadmap:001_cool:

TomTom my wife uses is awesome but like arbclimber said they use quickest route which can be a pain when you find yourself heading down lanes with no warning, otherwise they're vv good.

I more of a maps fan also, love ordnance survey & a/z's:thumbup1: