How to dress when pricing jobs?

Lorry thompson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I normally go int oiley engeneers jacket ant flat cap. Always a talking point went a pull up wit steam roller!:001_rolleyes:

Only joking...........its usually a pink pac a mac, german helmet and knee high boots.

I normally go int oiley engeneers jacket ant flat cap. Always a talking point went a pull up wit steam roller!:001_rolleyes:

Only joking...........its usually a pink pac a mac, german helmet and knee high boots.

Some kinky dudes on here . Some guys I,m sure just do tree work so they can wear a harness :lol:

i agree, but i like to deal with customers who dont look for 'deals' od discounts cards. I dont want an easily brain washed old granny who is dazzled with shinny shinny, i enjoy my relationship with my customers and have to have a clear consciounce when my head touches the pillow. I was in a shop today buying some stuff, the assistant was talking to another customer. The lady was buying an expensive pair of boots for her husband for a walk in the great glen tomorrow, now the boots were old school tough leather, the assistant was advising her that the boots would need walked in and softened first, so maybe not ideal for a 30 mile hike tomorrow for a guy who is more thnan likely to be in his late fifties, the womans reply was' its ok, i bought him some SPECIAL SOCKS in another shop. I nearly burst out laughing. Now this is an example of a good salesman, BUT i cant help feel sorry for the poor guy tomorrow with blisters and in agony, the diference is this guy will never bump into the con man that sold his wife the SPECIAL SOCKS i spend all day talking to my customers in cafes, shops, in the street and out in walks, i might not be the best arb in the world but i am honest and i know what a brush is and i respect them. I understand and find marketing VERY interesting, i too have looked into this trying to find the secret, but what i have found is be yourself, i often say to folk, i dont know or leave it with me and i will look it up, i used to keep my little tree ident book in the van, then i just used to keep it in my pocket and look things up with the customer. You cant be the person you are not, if you do become some one you arent then you wont be a happy person.:001_smile:

hey stephen, think we may have crossed wires,,,:001_smile:

i wasn't implying salesman tactics, in fact quite the opposite, like you i HATE sales blarb with a passion, i hate being "sold" to, and will walk out of a store that tries to sell to me.. BUT wether we like it or not, first impressions count more than anything else,, i'm not saying you should or should not wear a suit, it depends on the job,

in fact i think turning up for a tree job wearing your tree kit is not a bad thing,,

would you turn up for a bank managers job in a wetsuit? no, so why turn up for a surf instructors job in a suit?:001_smile:

the jan carlzon thing breaks it down into a format that made even sceptic s like me actually understand it..

i guess the point i was making was that it isn't just what you say, it's 50/50 but the first thing the customer sees of you is how you look and what you are wearing,,, an opinion is formed right at that second, what you say after is secondary..:thumbup: