BT phone lines

jimmyjnr

If you can get through to somebody to get an engineer out, i will eat my chain saw trousers. It is cheaper to break the line and get and get it fixed. Just make sure that every body who will be affected knows that the phone will not be working.

Then you can have fun playing who can bounce the biggest piece off the line without breaking it. You will be amazed how much abuse a BT line will take !

• 4 weeks later...

This may or may not be legal but taking them down yourself is simple. I have resorted to this when engineers didn’t turn up at the appointed time.

The junction box at the top of the pole has numbered terminals. Take the line down and chalk the terminal numbers on the ground in front of the relevant property. Job done.

It’s a quick solution if the line belongs to your punter but can be a bit of a problem if it’s someone else’s line, working from home, broadband etc

This may or may not be legal but taking them down yourself is simple. I have resorted to this when engineers didn’t turn up at the appointed time.

The junction box at the top of the pole has numbered terminals. Take the line down and chalk the terminal numbers on the ground in front of the relevant property. Job done.

It’s a quick solution if the line belongs to your punter but can be a bit of a problem if it’s someone else’s line, working from home, broadband etc

Thanks for the info, but this is for a highways job plus there are a lot of doctors, dentists etc working in the large houses on this road; so i'll have to be done a little more official.

.....any more takers??

I’ve got a job coming up to pollard 29 lapsed plane trees, two of which have 30+ lines running through them (too many just to cut through!) Does anyone know of a national number I can call to get an estimate on taking the little buggers down??

You'll have to let us know the cost from BT on that one!:scared1:

I'll buy some shares in them just before you do it:thumbup1: