Waste Transfer Licence

bareroots

Thats part of the paradox of having it in the first place. Non of us want to be a waste removal service, we should be paid for tree work not haulage.

A very good point.

If we are then being rewarded to haul away other peoples waste, should we have a tachograph too?

Discuss. :001_tongue:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is we are not being rewarded!

I can charge more a day to leave stuff on site than I can to remove arisings. And tree work is high profit and haulage is low profit. So I charge less a day to make less % profit!

Leave on site is where its at. If your truck is not full you can stay longer and do more tree work and make more money. Emptying the truck is down time that costs more than work time!

We need to be doing far less haulage, unless we can make money from the product, which therefore means its not waste so no need for wcl. You see, round and round in circles.

Well you could still landfill by using skips(you would prob need a broker license) or taking it back to your yard and storing it until a waste company removed it etc.

Also if you have no signs on your truck you could sneak it into the domestic section!

Why on earth would you want to get a skip at £120-150, or transport it and pay a waste company to remove it, just to save buying a license? Would you?

I think you may find, turning up with a truck full of green waste at the LA tip/landfill site will only work a handful of times, and it wont matter if its sign written or not.

Anyway I think I'm just confusing things tbh so I will leave it to the grown ups to sort out.

:001_smile:

Possibly:001_rolleyes:

Edited by 18 stoner
missed a bit!

It was a tongue in cheek comment with regard to more and more paperwork in relation to us all just trying to get on with tree work.

Some argue that arisings from tree work are waste, so if we remove this 'waste' belonging to someone else, and are being paid by them for doing so, are we not then 'hauliers' to some extent?

:confused1:

It was a tongue in cheek comment with regard to more and more paperwork in relation to us all just trying to get on with tree work.

Some argue that arisings from tree work are waste' date=' so if we remove this 'waste' belonging to someone else, and are being paid by them for doing so, are we not then 'hauliers' to some extent?

:confused1:[/quote']

No because we are taking it back to our own yards and I do not charge for this service, I price for taking the tree down and cutting it into itty bitty bits

Some argue that arisings from tree work are waste' date=' so if we remove this 'waste' belonging to someone else, and are being paid by them for doing so, are we not then 'hauliers' to some extent?

:confused1:[/quote']

Yes but this thread is about that arbument, is it waste or not. Not, are we hauliers or not.

My point is if we can avoid the waste thing then at least we can be hauliers of soemthign that can make us some money, instead of waste which makes us nothing and we need a wcl for it.

Why on earth would you want to get a skip at £120-150, or transport it and pay a waste company to remove it, just to save buying a license? Would you?

I think you may find, turning up with a truck full of green waste at the LA tip/landfill site will only work a handful of times, and it wont matter if its sign written or not.

Possibly:001_rolleyes:

I dunno you would have to ask that to the people I see doing the above.