Cat amongst the Pidgeons Time

David Humphries

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like it. It's so unusual its cool! :001_cool:

If it was outside a pub in a small village it would be love by the locals and indoctrinated into local folk-law.

Lets lighten up. The tree is loved by the owner, cared for in the best way he knows how, and appears to be healthy. Lets just enjoy the tree.:thumbup1:

• 10 months later...

I haven't run out of pointless new thread ideas :sneaky2:, but just went past this Beech again this morning, and thought I'd update how it's looking.

Plus there's been many new members who've joined that wouldn't of seen this when it was originally posted.

I really like the whole ambience of the scale.

No two ways about it, if a more nervous owner had not had the balls and foresight, then the neighbourhood wouldn't have such a cool local Landmark. :thumbup1:

DSC01368.jpg.6ddd6fa2b0f3f2a4c44a3d6321e8393a.jpg

DSC01367.JPG.03369f6b15c4afbf878e61618047892f.JPG

P4040024.jpg.8efd6798825209b367841f12d1ad047c.jpg

If i remember rightly, this is where i picked up an infraction from the moderators...probably for having a big gob ..... nonetheless, I appreciate the posting of pictures that show the tree in leaf......It all helps to promote ongoing discussion........

looks very well kept to me he must love it in his garden to go to all the effort at his age

i have to say though why can we not have trees managed in this way if it means it is there rather than not? (im not saying it is good tree care) but how dose it differ from coronet cut trees which i have seen pictured and in person?

and also what will happen to the tree if the guy takes Md's advice and gets an arborist in next time will they have as strong a views as most of the posts here and will they change the chaps management to their way of thinking

what will that create?...... a monster rather than a fairy tale?

It is reassuring to read about someone who understands that if a tree has to be reduced it will need regular management afterwards.

Kind of funky looking in leaf isn't it? Looks like a lass down my local. Small and pretty. With a BIG butt!:001_cool: