customers!!!

Ian C

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are, the bleedin lot of ya and soft with it!

us northern boys are moaners.............hard as rock moaners!

If you say so:001_tt2:

Looked at a hedge before xmas, told her it would be £120 she just kept saying the bloke last year did it for £50. To which I replied you know what the answer is then.

I think work is generaly harder to get for all at the mo, and people are pushing harder for bargains, partly due to knowing just how competative the market is right now and has been for a while now.

There have always been "noddies " out there willing to have a go for a lot less than you, they lob the gear in a halfords trailer and take it to the council tip, they dont have overheads and nothing else to do while claiming benifits!

This is how its going to be nowadays, the amount of people doing chainsaw tickets is growing all the time. They go on a 5 day course, get assessed and think they are a tree surgeon. they have a car and trailer and a saw ( usually a mcculloc), no insurance and most of the time no idea. They can work for £80-£100 a day. Then fly tip the waste. I give em a price and thats that. Take it or leave it.

it does annoy me when they cancel because of a better price, its happened twice this month, but tbh both guys were numpties and once i stopped being annoyed i wasnt fussed. i am going to start taking a non refundable deposit before i start, they will get told this before i leave the house, that will save me a trip because the numpties will hang up lol

The economy is in a right state at the moment. There is alot of uncertainty in peoples' minds. There has just been a budget, there's going to be an election and whoever wins, will then have another budget.

There are lots of rumours in the press eg VAT going on food at 3% or the VAT rate going up to 20%, fuel duty increases etc etc. All these things make people alot more careful how they spend their money and alot keener at getting the best price they can.

It's just something we've got to ride out. It isn't just our game though I know lads who are plumbers; landscapers; run pubs etc and they are all in the same boat.

The economy is in a right state at the moment. There is alot of uncertainty in peoples' minds. There has just been a budget, there's going to be an election and whoever wins, will then have another budget.

There are lots of rumours in the press eg VAT going on food at 3% or the VAT rate going up to 20%, fuel duty increases etc etc. All these things make people alot more careful how they spend their money and alot keener at getting the best price they can.

It's just something we've got to ride out. It isn't just our game though I know lads who are plumbers; landscapers; run pubs etc and they are all in the same boat.

I agree with you Jon but i just wish people would stop p issin up peoples backs , one thing i really hate is time wasters, i dont waste other peoples time and i expect the same, don't get me wrong, i don't expect to win all jobs but wish people were honest and up front. I got a call from a woman the other night from Pudsey (20m from me) who wanted me to go and have a look at her climber that had come off the wall!!!! said no too far. there are Too many people working for nowt though, i know people just working for a wage, i am not willing to run machinery and use kit just to earn a wage, i can do that and not have the expense or hassle.