CS39 - what exactly does it allow you to do?

mistahbenn

The devil's in the detail. It is to be used as a lever, as stated, not as part of a lowering system. That is, you put the sling on the end of the section being cut, do the cuts, then use the sling to increase the leverage you have in removing a hand-held section. The sling can also increase your grip, for example in smooth barked species without any suitable branch stubs to grip. You can then remove the sling before chucking the piece to the ground. As, when you have removed the section, the sling will be supporting a load it will need to be LOLER'd and suitable for task.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't think they actually allow you to do anything, there's nothing to stop un qualified people teaching their self and going out and doing the same job, all it is is a certificate to state that you have completed an assessment to prove your competent.

I asked this very question to someone the other day! and didn't get a clear answer.

So I would love to know what you can and can't do.

Cheers

Ed

It allows you cut all the tree except using ropes.

Following the current assessment that is Currently

2 step cut hand held

2 step cut free fall

2 sink cut hand held

2 sink cut free fall

2 vertical sections

Inc 2 pruning cuts and use of a tape sling.

That's the minimum

This confusion is why the assessments were changed approx 2 yrs ago to include the vertical sections.

It allows you cut all the tree except using ropes.

Following the current assessment that is Currently

2 step cut hand held

2 step cut free fall

2 sink cut hand held

2 sink cut free fall

2 vertical sections

Inc 2 pruning cuts and use of a tape sling.

That's the minimum

This confusion is why the assessments were changed approx 2 yrs ago to include the vertical sections.

So Mr P can you clarify for me, can I dismantle a tree? :confused1: And does cs31 allow me to fell trees?:confused1: oh and does cs30 allow me to sharpen:confused1: it's a mystery

:lol::lol::lol:

So Mr P can you clarify for me, can I dismantle a tree? :confused1: And does cs31 allow me to fell trees?:confused1: oh and does cs30 allow me to sharpen:confused1: it's a mystery

:lol::lol::lol:

I would not like to comment on your personal standard re dismantling a tree on an open forum as not everyone would appreciate the time taken to reply and I could spend all night commenting on your individual shortfalls.

Have a nice Easter and don't eat too many eggs

Edited by bob