Arborist are we skilled or semi skilled

BTS

i used to be 37% skilled but its diminishing by the week ha ha. Climbed a tree other day and s**t mi pants doing it liam :lol:

Id say you used to be very skilled as you used to work along side me :laugh1:

You were miles more knowledgeable than most we worked with Ad, Even the managers, As you used to tell them regularly :thumbup:

Id say you used to be very skilled as you used to work along side me :laugh1:

You were miles more knowledgeable than most we worked with Ad, Even the managers, As you used to tell them regularly :thumbup:

Ha ha big up yer own ass why dont ya :lol:

Ive found in life that people who are shi'ite on the tools etc.. end up being promoted to manager for some reason. I have allways heard voices telling me to shout at the manager and tell them they know nothing (As well as the voices which tell me to wear dresses):blushing:.

Who am i to deny them

Hi all just had pay review at work they class arborists as semi skilled craftsman ( along with grass cutters etc) and not skilled, what are your thoughts on this i believe we are skilled.

Walk into the office, punch the gaffer square between the eyes and tell him to shove his job right up his backside.

Yeah its semi skilled. You need skill half the time but not the rest!!

"skilled" and "semi skilled" are just a catogories. It doesn't mean much, but tree work is semi skilled not unskilled like casual labouring, because it requires an understaning of machinery and techniques, but its no more skilled than other semi skilled proffessions such as joinery, plumbing etc. They all need courses but they are only semi skilled occupations.

Of course you need skills to do the job, but they are skills learned in time and once you have them its not that skillful its just a job.

I think the term "skilled" would be for something a bit more technical and possibly requiring a degree.. engineering for example would be a skilled proffesion.

My father is one of the best industrial engineers going, he knows my work and seen me do it on many occasions, working alongside volunteering at the local fishing clubs.

he told me that he was proud to see that despite not going into HIS proffesion I still had HIS SKILLS, do not undervalue the utter skill this work entails.