climbing near powerlines

Ben Ballard

Tidytrees some of your posts are incomprehensible, the ones that I can make sense of give ridiculous advice!!

Do you think it is a good idea to recommend to people who's ability you do not know, that they do things that if not got 100% right could cause death or serious injury??

I think you either don't realise what you are doing or are just reckless and plan stupid!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i work to my own standard.college is corrupt and utility cutting is polotics for kids.....

im not doing anymore training ever and will cut to what distance i feel safe.you can work in and around 1m and be safe and if your climbing a tree all work must be 100% line there or not.

Mr tidytrees, It sounds as if the working practices you re using are the same as they were up here around 20years ago. Instead of having a rant why dont you focus your energies into helping improve things in that line of work? You keep shouting corruption and politics, this seems to make you very angry and maybe frustrated. Many of us have been in the job for a good length of time, and have done line work too, so we're not all as green as we're cabbage looking.

Mr tidytrees, It sounds as if the working practices you re using are the same as they were up here around 20years ago. Instead of having a rant why dont you focus your energies into helping improve things in that line of work? You keep shouting corruption and politics, this seems to make you very angry and maybe frustrated. Many of us have been in the job for a good length of time, and have done line work too, so we're not all as green as we're cabbage looking.

I'm really very sorry Mr Collins. I shan't do it again sir.

Edited by Amelanchier
I'm a toff. I can't help it.

WPD have there own distances.they also do not want AA arborist staff to be employed anymore.even the area manager asked if the new contractors took em on.

its a shambles.

but as i have mentioned 1m of clearance is fine for climbing,do it seen others do it and bounce big bits off the lines live with no issues.its just a matter of how big.the whole lot is grown in and wpd have to cut it live.aa staff are bad and those that have been taken on will ff up again.The training nptc insist on does not match that of the utility with th utility not recgognising some nptc units as valid....

there will be more than one death.the poor groundie was took out by a cutter with no cut knowledge cos ther is not the requirement of working from a rope and harness to cut from a mewp....madness.....

I do hope that the accusations listed above have some truth to them because i really have a feeling that your posts on this toppic and in particular the post i have added above are the posts of a man thats stuck in the past and rather bitter that the industry has moved on and left you behind .

There are set requirements laid down by W.P.D for cutting lv from a mewp and im sure if you had a decant knowlege you would be aware of this .as for bouncing bits off of the line i think most will agree that this really does show your lack of sense, skill and abilitty to do the job . sorry to sound harsh but it really is fools like this that have caused the industry to tighten up so much .