MS660 needs your help!

copcore

I remember something similar years ago. Can't recall which Stihl saw but about 70cc.

I lent it to a mate and when it came back it wouldn't start. Compression felt ok ish and a spark. Stripped it and it had obviously seized whilst he was using it. New piston and pot!

He denied putting straight petrol through it but he obviously had.

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

Took the head off today and sure enough piston is well and truly scored including the rings had welded themselves into recess for about an inch around the exhuast side of the piston. Pot also has scoring and metal fragments welded into the side.

Something tells me this is gonna cost me.....

Took the head off today and sure enough piston is well and truly scored including the rings had welded themselves into recess for about an inch around the exhuast side of the piston. Pot also has scoring and metal fragments welded into the side.

Just check that pot is really scored and it's not just deposits from the piston.

If you're lucky then pot may just polish up. But you'll have to be lucky!

Something tells me this is gonna cost them.....

Ran it neat, siezed it, put in strong mix to make it look like plenty of oil.

• 3 weeks later...

feck that mate its gonne cost your bro , i may lend a small saw (357xp) but will not lend out bigger saws . your looking at roughly £365-£380 . has anyone been playing with the mixtur settings ?? or was it a novis on the saw ?? i had a guy work for me that could not get his silly little head round using the bigger saw's and the fact that you cant just point them at a bit of wood and set them screaming. But on a brighter side it was nice of you to lend a saw to your bro , if my bro was in the same game i dont think i would lend him anything lol afterall he is the competition :sneaky2: