loler

Ben Ballard

They are here to make profit not provide a public service

Thats one bit that I agree with. Thats why I don't think we should be fallign over ourselves to give them our money, if they are not going to pay out unless someone is seriously injured, I'd rather get sued by the person directly than have insurance companies chasing me for not having ticked the right box on a form.

Does anyone have examples of claims made for property damage that were paid up ok? It seems to me that most excesses are so high that the likelyhood of anyone claiming is quite low. You'd have to wreck a house for it to be worth claiming, and the types of companies that have insurance are not likely to wreck a whole house!

Of course things get broken here and there but that is nearly always paid for out of pocket, well in my experience anyway.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i was not going to get into this one

very good point rupe

i would not dare claim of my insurance to me it,s there not for property type damage more for an injury claim

would be interested how many claims there are as certainly my premiums are high enough to suggest there a quite a few

certainly loler would be an issue if you had climbing employees

they would sue your arse

but imo it is time insurance company,s did do checks on quals and loler ect which might bring my premiums down

and i also personally believe if your not qualified or complying with legislation your insurance company could shift the blame back to you or at least try to recover costs

I woulds ask educated arborist to speak to the insurance companies he has had dealings with and ask them to give a definitive but could that cause more problems:confused1:

I don't think they are interested in lowering premiums. We all seem to be paying them, even "subbies" that don't need it seem to be queueing up to give their money away for insurance they will never claim on!

To be fair, my premiums have gone down over the last few years (for similar gross income)

If you under declared your turnover, you would be under insured.

So if you had under declared by 50%, you would be liable for 50% of the cost of any claim.

Or....

If you under declare you are making a false statement and depending on how they worded the contract they can probably void the contract.

If I were an underwriter I know which way I would have written the contract.

I thought car insurance becomes invalid if car hasn't got an mot?

Nope only insurance, no mot is a £60 fine. My missus got pulled by a anpr van and fined £60. Insurance was still valid so it was a on the spot fine. Turns out she had been driving around for nearly 3 months without one.

I'm fairly sure the fully comp bit would become invalid. So still ok to drive on the road, insured for third party claims but crash and damage yourself only with no mot its unlikely you would get the money.