Milling in Borneo

Rob D

No not me!

A Dr. Williamson bought some milling equipment to take over to Borneo to work with some of the indigenous people.

This is in the heart of Borneo for a project to help local people live independantly now that loggers have wrecked havoc in their homelands.

Have a look at the link and website below 'The Problem'.

The Problem

It gives more of an upfront personal look at the impact of logging in vulnerable parts of the world rather than just another "last year 2 million hectares were lost...."

The Problem

CIMG1350.jpg.c1e23eacde9279c7dd0c7b9c24b73526.jpg

CIMG1349.jpg.3fe2efa40336cbeecd78b366e48b05bd.jpg

CIMG1348.jpg.f017b4e6c44b3ded8279db7b0a789357.jpg

CIMG1347.jpg.643db23a4972aa71b809c9bff37fc1a1.jpg

CIMG1337.jpg.ef1eec8989652af16004770d989ce84b.jpg

CIMG1320.jpg.3de0e1879cc429dbf376202eae3a7204.jpg

CIMG1318.jpg.60f9c45831d5bdb83e5f69037d7415a1.jpg

Great thread Rob. Lovely to see it done elsewhere.....

David, the black box holds chain oil, as with the saw running on its side with biug bars for extended periods of time the oil is lost before it reaches th cutting edge of the bar, and the sawdust is extremely fine too.

Interesting how the website shows how ladies can work after 9pm on basket weaving now that they have electric light. "normally would have been in bed at 9pm". THAT AINT PROGRESS! I've always wondered whether getting up with the light and going to bed when it got dark would heal alot of ailments.

Great thread Rob. Lovely to see it done elsewhere.....

David, the black box holds chain oil, as with the saw running on its side with biug bars for extended periods of time the oil is lost before it reaches th cutting edge of the bar, and the sawdust is extremely fine too.

Couldn't have put it better myself Tom :thumbup:

Interesting how the website shows how ladies can work after 9pm on basket weaving now that they have electric light. "normally would have been in bed at 9pm". THAT AINT PROGRESS! I've always wondered whether getting up with the light and going to bed when it got dark would heal alot of ailments.

I'd agree with the above - I think we'd all be a lot healthier same as if we didn't spend time watching telly and looking at computer screens. We could get up at first light and bed by dark but none of us do.

But having electricity gives them the choice I suppose and if they choose to stay up later weaving baskets then fair enough....

Guess i shoulda maybe worked that one out for me self, right :blushing:

Cheers tom :thumbup1: