Your ideal lowering kit.

Ian Flatters

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst i like to keep things simple i do always use a pulley and a flying (buckigham) capston, rigging through forks is highly damaging to cambium, hence I always use a cambium saver on my climbing line also.

I am actualy working on a design for a rigging cambium saver that could be used instead of a sling or split tail, and hence remaovable from ground as with a cambium saver on the climbing line.

This will be great for those occasion where we use the tallest tree in a group to rig off for the surrounding trees and dont want to have to re climb it just to retrieve the riging pulley.:thumbup:

i use an old cambium saver for this and it works a treat, plus you can install it from the ground to

i use an old cambium saver for this and it works a treat, plus you can install it from the ground to

yes I have heard it is possible with a throwline to install a cambium saver and I have never tried even after reading of it in the tree climbers companion, is it easy? or more trouble than its worth?:001_huh:

yes I have heard it is possible with a throwline to install a cambium saver and I have never tried even after reading of it in the tree climbers companion, is it easy? or more trouble than its worth?:001_huh:

easy peasy, just have to be methodical about it. il take some photos when its not raining if i remember

easy peasy, just have to be methodical about it. il take some photos when its not raining if i remember

My major gripe/concern with this technique is that the throwline technique often relies on getting the line over the union of a side branch or limb, as apposed to around the stem using the union as a stop. This means if the branch fails the cambium saver, rigging/rope point goes with it, as apposed to just slipping down to the next avaliable union on the stem?:confused1:

My major gripe/concern with this technique is that the throwline technique often relies on getting the line over the union of a side branch or limb, as apposed to around the stem using the union as a stop. This means if the branch fails the cambium saver, rigging/rope point goes with it, as apposed to just slipping down to the next avaliable union on the stem?:confused1:

valid point,though if i was doing heavy rigging or a large rigging job id climb and set a block. this is a handy trick to have though and can save time if your good with a throwline

If you are careful you can set it around the stem, same as you would a rope, but its hardly going to be heavy rigging through an old (fully lolered! :sneaky2::biggrin: )cambium saver though?