Your ideal lowering kit.

Ian Flatters

Ok so if you could have an ideal lowering kit what would it be?

Mine is what i've now finished compiling with a lot of idea borrowing off here:001_tt2:

Stein RC3001 lowering bollard

50m of 16mm liros lowering line

2 medium cast blocks

2 medium isc blocks

Petzl medium rigging plate (idea i got from rupe)

6 steel krabs

4 2ton slings

So share what your is? Or you can just list your dream kit.

Just interested to know what others use/would like to use.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple but effective woodpicker ;) i like the simple kits the best, whoopie sling, large crab with a munter hitch. or a flying capstan, 1 long lowering rope, 1 short, a large pulley, i like the ones with a spliced tail for snatching. 3 steel 3way biners, and 2 slings.

you cant beat good old natural crotch rigging 1,rope & crab :biggrin:

Whilst i like to keep things simple i do always use a pulley and a flying (buckigham) capston, rigging through forks is highly damaging to cambium, hence I always use a cambium saver on my climbing line also.

I am actualy working on a design for a rigging cambium saver that could be used instead of a sling or split tail, and hence remaovable from ground as with a cambium saver on the climbing line.

This will be great for those occasion where we use the tallest tree in a group to rig off for the surrounding trees and dont want to have to re climb it just to retrieve the riging pulley.:thumbup:

Whilst i like to keep things simple i do always use a pulley and a flying (buckigham) capston, rigging through forks is highly damaging to cambium, hence I always use a cambium saver on my climbing line also.

I am actualy working on a design for a rigging cambium saver that could be used instead of a sling or split tail, and hence remaovable from ground as with a cambium saver on the climbing line.

This will be great for those occasion where we use the tallest tree in a group to rig off for the surrounding trees and dont want to have to re climb it just to retrieve the riging pulley.:thumbup:

Look fwd to seeing it.

I have done the bodge job treebee with petzel pully on the mallyon end:blushing:

Defo a market for a prop reg set up like that imo:thumbup1:

Look fwd to seeing it.

I have done the bodge job treebee with petzel pully on the mallyon end:blushing:

Defo a market for a prop reg set up like that imo:thumbup1:

And you can bet your life now thats been said it will come out on market before long!

Last time i suggested a product it was released a year later, on at least two ocasions, this used to p me off a bit at first but at the end of the day, as long as these things get produced and make our lives easier, less tiring the better:thumbup:

glad to know i aint the only one thinking this would be usefull, come on manafacturers get this one on the market!:001_rolleyes: