Do you have permission to take that tree down?

Jon Lad

its the having to stop every half hour for half an hour to be polite, explain, and have a chat that bugs me.

let me get on!

maybe we could get some generic A2 sized reusable signs we can pin up on stakes around the work site with said polite generic explanation....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some good responses on here, I dont mind too much if they ask politely, in fact I have won a few jobs from people who came over for a moan, but its the ones who come over on the attack and speak to you like you're an idiot that really wind me up. I told one particularly nasty old trout that "all the trees were coming down" "What do you mean all of them?" she said I just said "all of them" and gestured up the street which is tree lined. She stormed off practically foaming at the mouth, I was only crown lifting a beech which had she asked nicely I'd have happily told her.:thumbup1:

i was crown lifting a beech when a chap stearnly asked if i'd got permision to fell the said tree, i simply said yes and he could see the paper work if he wished. He declined and began telling me he was a member of the green party and was going to speek to his local green party councillor because he was outraged at was happening. I asked him where he was from and he said batley which is a good 30 min drive from where we were working.

It was'nt til he'd gone that it came to me, he drives his car for 10-15 miles each day just to walk his dog. And thats green!!! What a knob:thumbdown:

Some good responses on here, I dont mind too much if they ask politely, in fact I have won a few jobs from people who came over for a moan, but its the ones who come over on the attack and speak to you like you're an idiot that really wind me up. I told one particularly nasty old trout that "all the trees were coming down" "What do you mean all of them?" she said I just said "all of them" and gestured up the street which is tree lined. She stormed off practically foaming at the mouth, I was only crown lifting a beech which had she asked nicely I'd have happily told her.:thumbup1:

You just reminded me of a favoured response in the badland estates of Yarmouth I used to work in occasionally when challenged about euthanising knackered Cherries -

"Oi, why you cutting tha tree daaawn..."

"So the diggers can get in mate, they're knocking this place down next week..."

You just reminded me of a favoured response in the badland estates of Yarmouth I used to work in occasionally when challenged about euthanising knackered Cherries -

"Oi, why you cutting tha tree daaawn..."

"So the diggers can get in mate, they're knocking this place down next week..."

Thats most uncharacteristic from you tony!

lol:thumbup:

When asked "do you have permission to cut that tree down!!!???" I have been known to say "No we just drive round finding trees we don't like the look of and felling them!!!"

I feel like saying that all the time, must think thats all we do!

can think of 2 jobs that stick in my mind, just before christmas we knocked over some self seeded Ask at the back of some offices in leeds, place what a right sh1t hole, old baths, buckets and office furnuture etc, woman that backed on to it open her window after we had finished and said "do you know what you have done"? I said"errr yes" and she called me discusting!!!!:001_rolleyes:

other job was a large oak tree i took down, got all the crown out and was just puttin the gob in to drop the stem when this guy marched over waving his hands every where, "im on the local council, have you got permission to cut that down" the estate mananger was with me, turned round with a stone cold face, "do we need it" "yes you jolly well do" came the responce, "good job we bloody well have it then" he fires back.................Pissed meself laffin.:lol: