Hamas big reduction/pruning thread!

Thanks means a lot to me. It was done for a church and the congregation had some very mixed views ranging from DON’T YOU DEAR TOUCH IT!! to 50% off. I thought if I keep in minimal no one will freak out, and they didn’t luckily. Bit wimpy of me maybe?

Thanks means a lot to me. It was done for a church and the congregation had some very mixed views ranging from DON’T YOU DEAR TOUCH IT!! to 50% off. I thought if I keep in minimal no one will freak out, and they didn’t luckily. Bit wimpy of me maybe?

not wimpy, you found the middle ground between all the current views of the "stakeholders":thumbup1:

pleasing all the folk involved in multiple person situations is the hardest part!

you done good:thumbup:

hows this for an intro!

Pruning methods, false economies and the sense of value.

This guide was put together to help arborists to better communicate the pros and cons in the misunderstandings and perceptions their public/clients have regarding tree work and getting the best value for what can be expensive operations. It is still an all too common occurrence that professional arborists who work to a high standard are competing with unqualified or un-trained “tree surgeons” and the professional is often caught between quoting a sensible price for a professional service that is in the best interests of both the client and their trees good health or quoting for a sub standard job in order to compete with less professional service providers by working to the same low standards, or somewhere between the two.

There are many reasons this situation perpetuates, but this information is limited to the core issue facing the professional arborist, the perception clients have as to what constitutes “value for money” Tree work can seem expensive, and understandably you, the client want to be sure that you get the very best value for this expensive work. In my 25 years as a contracting arborist the no1 most repeated complaint a professional arborist hears is that “he has not taken much/enough off” Its easy to understand the laymans point of view in this, his neighbour had his trees totally stripped to a stump last week for the same price!

hows this for an intro!

Pruning methods, false economies and the sense of value.

This guide was put together to help arborists to better communicate the pros and cons in the misunderstandings and perceptions their public/clients have regarding tree work and getting the best value for what can be expensive operations. It is still an all too common occurrence that professional arborists who work to a high standard are competing with unqualified or un-trained “tree surgeons” and the professional is often caught between quoting a sensible price for a professional service that is in the best interests of both the client and their trees good health or quoting for a sub standard job in order to compete with less professional service providers by working to the same low standards, or somewhere between the two.

There are many reasons this situation perpetuates, but this information is limited to the core issue facing the professional arborist, the perception clients have as to what constitutes “value for money” Tree work can seem expensive, and understandably you, the client want to be sure that you get the very best value for this expensive work. In my 25 years as a contracting arborist the no1 most repeated complaint a professional arborist hears is that “he has not taken much/enough off” Its easy to understand the laymans point of view in this, his neighbour had his trees totally stripped to a stump last week for the same price by Mark Bolam!

Changed the ending for you Tone, but It sounds very good so far.

:thumbup1:

A great informative thread. Here's a couple of my first ever reduction from the summer. The client wanted quite a substantial reduction. However personally I still think I took to much off!

lime? if so good job my friend, nowt wrong with that considering the clients wishes:thumbup:

good shape too, plenty of foliage still and as natural as you could have hoped to achieve.

and as for a first one, :thumbup1:

Cedrus atlantica 'Glauca' (wait for rob arb the nomenclature pedant!)

Blasted to bits in the snow, prior union failure, no surprise on a blue cedar, notorious for the failure of forks. Had to cut out the severely damaged leader (drop crotch method) and re shape remaining crown to allow it to develop again, but retain visual aspect from important house viewpoints.

59765fd65a8a6_epicC.sativarickyetc003.jpg.404bf1a74c42ccc0d53e000d84cfe995.jpg

59765fd65d1c1_epicC.sativarickyetc005.jpg.16bf6e1716c09a0278e78cf081ee3f35.jpg

59765fd65ff96_epicC.sativarickyetc026.jpg.ae1aa9a6bc22b254391687dbd5fa83a9.jpg

59765fd66468b_epicC.sativarickyetc030.jpg.e52613240e8e763b62e55e7d4c1967f3.jpg

59765fd666c76_epicC.sativarickyetc042.jpg.e05f8fba270d05c858e65f4c98f37fd9.jpg

59765fd66b795_epicC.sativarickyetc031.jpg.ae4cfe26850067080744e1a962c2b8f3.jpg

59765fd67171a_epicC.sativarickyetc040.jpg.69cfc3b194ed0557976df69df3ca0552.jpg

59765fd7839aa_epicC.sativarickyetc004.jpg.eb420b0887f6465e3acc764c84fdb83c.jpg

59765fda989f0_epicC.sativarickyetc009.jpg.e892f85ddc301a9cf7619622dab5772d.jpg