crown restoration advice and tips please

Stephen Blair

There's nothing worse than trying to get the natural looking shape back to a topped tree but that looks bang on mate:thumbup1:.

Like Rich says i tend to try and thin the crap out and then remove some of the larger ones. When there really bad though you can bearly get your pruining saw in to finish the cut!!! haha

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that was my next question snakey, what are the thoughts to leaving small stubs with in a group of them, i really struggled to flush some of them off with the silky. I did a job 3 weeks ago where the customer WANTED all the wee stubs left on, they liked the look, i suppose they will just break off later on, and as long as they arent too big they wont do any harm, its just a looks thing, what do you reckon

Personally i'll try my hardest to flush them off but if i cant then i cut them as near as i can and leave them to it!! I usually find it the worst on Limes.

Leaving a small stub isn't going to cause the tree any grief(especially after being topped) its just more of an appereance thing IMO.

i know what you mean rich, what through me on the sycamore was that it was just the 2 main centres that had been done before, and the sides hadnt been touched, i originally did what you say, but they were about 5 feet higher than the where they should of been to make a nice shape, it was a jaggy pole. So i left them to last, came down for a looksy then decided to take them off mate

Nice work btw mate. Good stuff.