Burning Pop!!!!!

Mick Stockbridge

I'm burning Pop tonight and cos it spits I'm keeping the doors on my stove shut. I usually run my stove with the doors open cos I like to see the flames in all their glory but as we all know Pop burns hot n fast and as a result I can smell a kind of hot metallic smell, the kind when you first fire up the stove in Autumn.........Surely burning such shite will result in a life reduction on the stove and flue itself........Am I right or wrong?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm trying that one as I type. I'll let you know if it works. If you dont see me post for a while you'll know I've burnt me arse and I'm in A n E.

Dont try and kid us with that old chesnut Mick, Will all know your ass is like leather from years of abuse, Bit of heat wont hurt it!!

Dont try and kid us with that old chesnut Mick, Will all know your ass is like leather from years of abuse, Bit of heat wont hurt it!!

Yeah I know thats why I'm still posting and not at A n E.....Singed me arse hair though....:laugh1: At least I cant smell the metal above the burning hair so it must have worked. Cheers Mark:thumbup1:But what was the orange about?

Edited by Mick Stockbridge

It will be fine. You'll find it very hard to burn out a stove with wood. Shut your vent down a bit and it will burn slower. The metallic smell will be just as is curing further as the fire gets even hotter. Also it could be the door curing if you run it doors open alot.

Thats the answer I think, the doors curing:thumbup1:

Yeah I know thats why I'm still posting and not at A n E.....Singed me arse hair though....:laugh1: At least I cant smell the metal above the burning hair so it must have worked. Cheers Mark:thumbup1:

It'll be nice and hairless for this weekends session then!! :laugh1: Win, win for you mate!!