Welcome & thank you for visiting us!

AA Teccie (Paul)

Hi Paul, i was just looking at the corporate membership, looks interesting and like the discount on training courses, However looking at all your courses you do not seem to cater for anybody up north :thumbdown:

Why is this ?

Also what sort of discount do you get for the Arb Conference, i might give it another try as its local...

Hi 'Arborist Sites', thanks for the post.

I think it's because the (few) courses we have tried to run 'up north' over the past few years have been cancelled because of lack of numbers (probably principally down to our lack of advertising and promotion = 'MUST TRY HARDER'...dunno!)

Thanks to Paul Bullimore (Lancashire Woodland Project), Ken Linford (TreeCheck) and Andy Hirons (Myerscough College, my old stomping ground) I have been back to the 'home country' a couple of times recently and indeed have another couple of event coming up. One to speak to the BSc & FdSc Arb students at Myerscough and the other to deliver a Risk Assessment workshop at Cuerden Park.

BUT, if there's support for anything more, or different, I'm more than happy to listen and always happy to trip up there.

Re- Conference prices, it varies whether you book early or late, but as a 'ball park' figure each delegate can save between £25-30 (over the 3 days).

To be honest, as far as AA courses etc. are concerned, the greatest discounts rates are offered on the standard training courses, i.e. Risk Assessment, Tree Survey & Tree Inspection, where rates are much higher (the conference is always a very expensive event to put on and hence limits the 'discounts' we can offer...sorry!)

Regards..

Paul

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the way you have come across to date has helped the AA no end. I can only applaud your openness and honesty dealing with the questions posed, and hope that working with this forum can improve the AA, (and for that matter ISA, FCA, CAS and so on) Many of us here attend the trade shows, so dont be a stranger, feel free to join us for a beer, we dont bite.......often:biggrin:

Thanks Andy, that's real good of you!

Only trouble is who's gonna wear the 'pink carnation' for ident purposes...ha!

Be a pleasure, count me in.

Cheers..

Paul

As Andy says Paul, i think the choice of you as spokesperson for this forum will do the AA a lot of good, i hope you get a chance to look through the other threads and join in with the banter, views and opinions of our industry.

Thanks Stephen (hope I've not broken protocol there!)I do try and check out other postings but obvioulsy this now has to be my priority.

My concern is that I still get a bit (lot!) lost round the forums and forget where I've posted things and I'm concerned people may have posted back and I've missed it...IF THAT'S YOU (collectively) PLEASE POST ME HERE!

The banter's great and matches the clear camerarderie(?) that prevales...well done all!

Cheers..

Paul

Hello Paul,

have to say, I've picked up a very positive buzz rumbling in the background, since you've uped the communication.

Good work :thumbup1:

looking forward to catching you tommorow at Richmond.

David :001_smile:

Thank you David, it's not before time (that we, the AA, joined the 'ARBTALK' ranks) and there has indeed been quite a 'buzz' around as you say, long may it continue.

Be sure to say 'hello' tomorrow in case I don't recognise you.

Best regards..

Paul

It seems to me that the AA has been "in the dark" for several years re: opinions. I believe that is because they can only receive feedback from their membership, and not hear what those on the "outside" think about them, and adapt accordingly. I hope this opportunity to listen pays off.

It seems to me that the AA has been "in the dark" for several years re: opinions. I believe that is because they can only receive feedback from their membership, and not hear what those on the "outside" think about them, and adapt accordingly. I hope this opportunity to listen pays off.

Hi Andy, thanks for the post.

Is that "those on the outside" or "those on the dark-side"...CHEEKY!

You're absolutely right and, bizzarely, its not for want of not wanting to (that's wrong but you'll know what I mean!) but just not really how best to do so...still, here we are now 'to listen'.

Cheers..

Paul

Thanks Stephen (hope I've not broken protocol there!)

being the AA i would of thought you'd call me Mr Blair, stiff upper lip and all that:001_tongue:

Like most things in life, new blood is what is needed. Do you have any assesment schedules or poilicies to hand that i could have a nosy at, and how much would it cost me, a 1 man band with a qualified climber/rescuer groundie to become an approved contractor? would my lad have to do the assesments to or could he work under my guidance?

Be sure to say 'hello' tomorrow in case I don't recognise you.

Best regards..

Paul

Nice to have met you & to have had a chance for a wee chat today Paul.

Good day, hosted well. :thumbup1:

Running costs for an AAAC was a bit of an eye opener for me.

Spoke to Liam about your participation here, general consensus was that hats off in your direction was the order of the day :001_smile: