Welcome & thank you for visiting us!

AA Teccie (Paul)

I would be happy to take the risk, if I became an AAAC and a customer lied to the AA, saying I did not stick to my quote I would sooner let the punter pay me what they want.

Going of previous experience it's very unlikely to happen and if it did it would cost me less in real terms to let that punter shaft me than waste my time on every job.

Clients selecting and paying AAAC'S rightly expect a certain standard and WILL call the AA if they feel something is not right, then how much agro are you going to go to explaining yourself to a AA rep who HAS to be on the fence between you and your client?

For the sake of a bit of paper is it really worth the agro? and people feel more confidant about a price that is black and white, those clients going to the AAAC's may well be doing so because they was "stung" by a rouge trader, if that was you, wouldnt you want a written quote?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is a massive devide between city guys and rural guys tony. i dont compete with dozens of yellow pages guys fighting over work. it is word of mouth up here, my customers grand parents new mine, not all of them but most of them. Dave and i have been bombing around in mogs for years in our own areas, him longer than me, there isnt many folk that dont know us i bet locally. I know dave, the second you meet him you know you arent getting a cowboy that talks drivvle, he does what he says. But as you say, someone at the end of a phone in an office doesnt know this. paperwork quotes are there for the 1 guy in a thousand that wants to be a chancer imo

Clients selecting and paying AAAC'S rightly expect a certain standard and WILL call the AA if they feel something is not right, then how much agro are you going to go to explaining yourself to a AA rep who HAS to be on the fence between you and your client?

For the sake of a bit of paper is it really worth the agro? and people feel more confidant about a price that is black and white, those clients going to the AAAC's may well be doing so because they was "stung" by a rouge trader, if that was you, wouldnt you want a written quote?

I would go AAA to get more LA work not really for private work.

If it is a requirement then I may get something made up, that I just right the price in and sign. If I had to do a detailed quote for every job, I'd forget going AAA.

I hate paper work, I dropped off some invoices today dated 12;12;09 lol!!!!

I have given verbal quotes of £10k to the LA and never had any bother.

I would go AAA to get more LA work not really for private work.

If it is a requirement then I may get something made up, that I just right the price in and sign. If I had to do a detailed quote for every job, I'd forget going AAA.

I hate paper work, I dropped off some invoices today dated 12;12;09 lol!!!!

I have given verbal quotes of £10k to the LA and never had any bother.

Skyhuck.'SWB' & Hama'd, thanks for your posts and discussions.

Provision of quotes IS part of the current standards, AND in terms of the tree work specification are a very good indication of knowledge etc. and competnece in terms of BS3998& ETPG (Euro Tree Pruning Guide).

Absolutely NOT wanting to create a requirement for uncessary papaerowrk but, in part, provison of a written quote can separate out the 'good guys' form the bad...IN PART!

What I would say is 'YES' you should for every job as the text book answer, however, in relaity and particularly with 'repeat customers', if you do it on the strength of a verbal agreement and a gentlemans hand-shake the gudon'ya, and you've probably operated that way for years (as you've said) BUT in the, albeit highly unlikely, event a customer wasn't ahhpy what you'd done was as described AND complained to the AA, then, in the absence of a written quote to base an opinion on, the likleyhood is we would say you have to go back and sort it....if you're happy to 'take that risk' then thats you're decision.

A triplicate pad on site, hand written may be a good compromise?

Cheers..

Paul

LOL!! You ain't seen my hand writing!!!:blushing:

Thanks for your reply Paul and on a weekend too!!!:thumbup:

I'm extremely keen to listen what you say, consider what the standards require, AND reach a compromise to make it work without being over bureaucratic n 'paperwork for paperworks, BUT some is needed.

We wanna engage with you (that's not a proposal BTW...ha!) and if weekend's good for you then weekend's good for me....sos a bit late today but 'Mummys Day' etc. n expectations....but apparnetly, apart from BBQing the carrots, mi Sunday lunch was pretty damn good (thanks goodness only once a year!)

Cheers 'Skyhuck'..

Paul

LOL:lol:

and yeah, Pauls a good egg, but I think to be fair hes loving it here too, eah!

Arbtalk is the muts proverbials and THE place to arbtalk!:thumbup:

"Shhh Hama'd"...I'm teeling the boss it's under duress!

Naaa, t'be honest it's been, and continues to be, a real 'eye opener' n Nicks supportin me all the way!

Bring it on !

Paul