Welcome & thank you for visiting us!

AA Teccie (Paul)

I think you misunderstood my post Paul.

I am doing the RA workshop and do carry out RA. The aim of the work shop it too work toward AAAC and I was discussing this with the guy who offered me a place on the course and we were both saying how much better the AAAC scheme would be if more got on board.

SORRY 'Skyhuck', realised that after I'd started replying, trouble is 'once I starts a 'waffle' I's gotta finish the 'waffle'.

Cheers..

Paul

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does the AA stand on the waste carrier/broker situation?

Do we need a license to enable AAAC?

Does the AA think the average arb should have a Waste license?

How does the AA interpret the EA stance on virgin wood in reagrds to the average arb setup ie all sawdust, clippings, leaves, needles twigs and branch wood up to 6 inch chipped and removed. All timber removed.

Dont mean to sound aggressive etc in asking its just it has been the topic of much debate in the past and was hoping that if anyone could clear it up it would be the AA.

TO my knowledge it depends on the interpretation of virgin wood (from the EA web site)

I have loads of stuff I can ask/question you:001_smile:

Hi 'Mesterh',

Didn't interpret your 'very good' question as aggressive at all so please 'ask away' and I'll give you the AAAC current stance on these matters....no probs!

The 'waste licensing' issue for us is something of a grey area, with no definitive case law upon which to base advise AND a variation of interpretation of the Regs, across the country by reional EA offices (as evidenced by undertaking AC assmts./reassmts. over the past few years).

Hence we previously contacted the EA national policy team and sought their opinion which, albeit heavily caveated, recommended we should have licences as what we produce is 'controlled waste', and depenedent upon its form and form where it originates there are 3 separate waste categories covering, AND, techncially, there will undoubtedly be times when what we are carrying is 'someone elses' waste.

After much deliberation, and trying to take a pragmatic view, AND the fact a 'WCL' costs £140 for 3 years (£95 renewal) and is fairly straight forward to obtain, AND if the contractor got 'pulled in' on a multi-authority check point, i.e. Police, HMRC, Border Agency AND VOSA, you'd get through the process quicker, we decided to impose it as a standard requirement UNLESS you have a curent exemption certificate issued by your regional EA office.

Many ACs are aggrieved at this situation, not so much the money involved (whihc isn't that great) BUT the prnciple of teh thing, which I fully understand, and maybe we've taken the easy road and should do more to support their views and challenge the EA but without an industry critcial mass behind us we are in a weak position to take such action.

The EA 'Policy Statement' on the 'virgin wood' exemption I thought was our saviour and I would be 'knighted' and everything for bringing it to our industry, BUT I decided to check with my friends(?) at the EA and their view was that if all we carried was 'wood/timber' taht would be fine but as soon as any 'greenery', i.e. leaves, shoots, Leylandii (they mentioned specifcally), was on board it would 'contaminate' the load and render it as waste = WCL requirement.

It's a mad, mad world we live in and sometimes we take the easy option BUT this is a topic, with a much greater following / industry representation behind me, and would be quite prepared to challenge more formally.

Next question please..?

Many thanks for the post.

Paul

agood morning chaps!!

this forum is a great idea, as iv always found trying to actualy talk to people very hard!

theres always an answerfone on the end of the line!

just renewend my technicians membership!

Hi John, good to hear from you and thanks for the post.

I quite agree, I actually tend to avoid groups of people where I'm unfamiliar (believe or not often at Trade Fair) BUT posting here will make me wanna talk more to people and seek their industry views.

Using this form has come as quite a pleasant surprise, 'shocked' even, as I realise what a community spirit prevails and how bl**dy useful it is, sharing ideas, giving advice, a friendly voice(kinda) on the other end...'wicked!'

Keep up the contact John.

Best regards..

Paul

Hi Paul, i was just looking at the corporate membership, looks interesting and like the discount on training courses, However looking at all your courses you do not seem to cater for anybody up north :thumbdown:

Why is this ?

Also what sort of discount do you get for the Arb Conference, i might give it another try as its local...

Edited by Arborist Sites

Hi John, good to hear from you and thanks for the post.

I quite agree, I actually tend to avoid groups of people where I'm unfamiliar (believe or not often at Trade Fair) BUT posting here will make me wanna talk more to people and seek their industry views.

Using this form has come as quite a pleasant surprise, 'shocked' even, as I realise what a community spirit prevails and how bl**dy useful it is, sharing ideas, giving advice, a friendly voice(kinda) on the other end...'wicked!'

Keep up the contact John.

Best regards..

Paul

I think that the way you have come across to date has helped the AA no end. I can only applaud your openness and honesty dealing with the questions posed, and hope that working with this forum can improve the AA, (and for that matter ISA, FCA, CAS and so on) Many of us here attend the trade shows, so dont be a stranger, feel free to join us for a beer, we dont bite.......often:biggrin:

Cheers Danavan,

You may regret it tho now I feel I can 'waffle at ease!"

Thanks ofr taking the trouble to post your views and great you found the info useful....rather than 'useless', my norm...ha!

Paul

LOL:lol: nice one..

Peace & health to you Paul:001_smile: