ancient woodland under threat

sean

Sean, my first post "do they need a contractor" was said very much tongue in cheek.

My post about having done protester removal was simple a statement of fact, your come back just reinforced my view (from experience) of your average "tree hugger". You have no interest in the whys or wherefores of what happened or why the trees where being removed or who was protesting, and you bellow your put down from your position very firmly on the moral high ground.

I have a simple rule I apply to the way I run my life, I ask myself would our society work if every one lived as I do, up till now I have always been able to answer yes. The protesters I had to work round could not have said the same.

Fair enough regarding your tounge in cheek comment. As for being 'an average tree hugger' that is a comment made with no knowledge of myself or my views. As an aborist I fell trees day in day out both for private clients and within the public sector. If I was as you refer to me as an average tree hugger there is know way I would be able to do this.

With regards to this thread i do not know enough about the situation to make any statements about it and that will remain the case until I have researched it further. I was merely bringing to others attention. Sorry for 'bellowing' but your comment regarding protesters was interpreted by me obviously wrongly as a boast and for that I aplogise.:001_smile:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough regarding your tounge in cheek comment. As for being 'an average tree hugger' that is a comment made with no knowledge of myself or my views. As an aborist I fell trees day in day out both for private clients and within the public sector. If I was as you refer to me as an average tree hugger there is know way I would be able to do this.

With regards to this thread i do not know enough about the situation to make any statements about it and that will remain the case until I have researched it further. I was merely bringing to others attention. Sorry for 'bellowing' but your comment regarding protesters was interpreted by me obviously wrongly as a boast and for that I aplogise.:001_smile:

Thankyou :shakehands:

And I apologise for calling you "the average tree hugger":001_smile:

As you rightly say each situation needs looking at in isolation, there are jobs I would not do and those I can see good reasons for.

The par of the road they are planning to do is a nightmare and as someone said it needs doing its awful. Having heard about a pipeline workliterally just down road from there and all the hassle the newts and stuff causd it wouldnt supried me if plans changed and the woodland is saved. One thing someone once said that for every tree you fell/dismantle whatever you replan three and most of the time the figures work out.

An Arbtalk protest meet would be more intresting than a climbing met surely.