Echo CS2511TES chattering/bouncing problem

Otta

Sounds like several different issues

As soon as you put it into meatier sections, it started to throw you around, and run super rough.

Rakers sharpening

Tightness :

Overheating - not  oling well .....

Creep:

Tick over/idle  to fast... clutch springs

Recently I've been using cheap mini saw chains and join them to 60 links, but yesterday and today I had issue with two that were either not sharp to begin with or dulling quickly (normally last me weeks between swaps or sharpens), and I dont generally mess about sharpening when I want to be climbing. We were retopping a large leylandii hedge.

I swapped a new genuine echo chain. Its immediately noticable on thinner drier/dead wood that the rakers are perhaps a bit too agressive out if the box.

I suspect it will cut nicer after a sharpen but leavjng the rakers as they are

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

My posts above were with a TESC 1/4" carving bar and new genuine chain, which I think co.e.with the rakers too low.

I had a pair of Rotatec E0, 1/4" pitch 0.043" 45 DL chains gathering dust. I'm not sure they sell this size any more? Anyway I broke and joined them to make a 60DL. While this chain is physically wider and bigger teeth, it is smooth, finding the saw feels more capable and faster with it.

On 16/09/2024 at 22:55, Mark Bolam said:

Why put a tank of juice through on tickover?

This isn’t the 1930’s.

Indeed, no need to run a new saw on tickover, in fact it does more damage than good. Run a saw like it should be ran just dont let it over rev.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1