Writing professional emails, help if possible

Donnie

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

Don't try to sound clever, posh, corporate etc. 

The words you use have to match the job you are applying for. Start postulating theories in a covering letter it will get binned straight away, "I'm a cutter based in Scotland" - more to the point and whoever reads it will see you more as a real person. 

14 minutes ago, Steven P said:

The words you use have to match the job you are applying for. Start postulating theories in a covering letter it will get binned straight away, "I'm a cutter based in Scotland" - more to the point and whoever reads it will see you more as a real person. 

Quite. Shibboleth bullshit is for closed shops like dolescum work. You pay support industry dolescum like tendering consultants to teach you the right buzzwords and you're in. Real people can smell it a mile off and will discriminate.

I knew a long term unemployed (unemployable...) man who had done all the courses and just spoke it as they told him to - stood out a mile using all the 'correct' phrases and not as normal people speak - wasn't just confined to writing.

It's newspeak and frankly dangerous. The sort of person you can convince to say, "One of our South Asian colleagues who manages the parking facility." is the sort of person you can convince to push the button in a gas chamber. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Chat gpt is quite good for setting up structures and getting ideas but be aware how crap it sounds. Anyone whose spent any time with AI will be able to spot AI written content at a 1000 yards. 

If someone sent me AI content they'd be put to the bottom of the pile.

I am a qualified chainsaw operator based in Scottyland with two years’ experience in harvesting sites/clear fells and working full time alongside a well-known local company to the area. 

Currently working with other management companies such as Tilhill. 

I am NPTC qualified in windblow, small, medium, and big tree felling. I also hold a brushcutting ticket. 

I am seeking more diverse chainsaw work in means of forest management and looking to gain work outside of commercial harvesting sites. 

Services can include, brashing, felling, road clearances and clear up of dangerous trees. 

Salvage of windblown hardwood trees on estates for example. 

Equipment consisting of chainsaws ranging from 40cc up to 95cc for oversize trees.

4x4 pick up. 

CE certified road legal towable log splitter for firewood salvage. 

Fully insured with public liability and employers liability. 

Please contact me via email or on the number below if you would be interested in my services.

Here is my AI generated email… It actually didn’t really change that much so that says a lot for me or a lot for this AI fella….

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Let's put it to this way, if I sent you that what would you think.

Reading that, are you wanting a full time job ?.

I’m sending it to management companies looking to get on there contractor list to take on my own work in there forests. 

I already cut 5 days a week for a main local harvesting company and I do my own stuff on weekends, or nights if I am

in the area/within 30 minute drive. 

I only go through one forester right now and I’d like to network a bit more and see what else other companies can pass my way. 

I struggle with writing I guess, I write the same sentences or phrase it the same every time and doesn’t come across very ‘professional’ 

I’d hire me in a heartbeat though as I’m keen and driven in the way of progression/building something up

Edited by Donnie
  • Like 2

This what you’re after..

The mist fell softly on Donnie’s broad Celtic shoulders as he took the short walk from his highland cottage to his 4x4 (all paid up and capable of transporting him anywhere on the Scottish mainland within 2 hours) parked in front.

He turned and saw Nessie, the miniature highland cattle who was looking at him from the kitchen window, he silently cursed himself for leaving the back door open, too late now though, she’d be on the sofa glued to Loose Women all morning, then flicking her bean as soon as Gino Di Campo inevitably turned up on some program.

He loaded up the pick up with a range of powerful professional chainsaws, ranging from 45 to 95cc

He was well used to using them for brushing, felling, road clearance and dangerous trees (certification available on request)

He looked at his log splitter as he climbed in the cab, happy in the knowledge it was CE certified and road legal to tow (under certain speeds of course)

But as he sped into the dreek to another day following a harvester he felt a burning deep inside (not unlike when he spilt hot porridge on his unmentionables) a desire to experience more diverse chainsaw work away from harvesting sites where there was little chance to work on being a better person.

Could he find a company to achieve his ambitions?

Could it be your company?

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10