Grab lorrys for tree work

Tree cutter Stu

Why not a 7'5t without crane? and an Avant or something to load the cord wood with, the plus side is that an Avants more versatile.

This avant needed me to stand on the back when we loaded the lengths of butt . The owner also has a brash grab.

DSCF1888.jpg.50146dbebf8bc1614caac04d6bfefb26.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im not that keen on the forwarding trailer route as sometimes need to go on the motorway and they dont let tractors on the motorway.

when im working far away i leave the mog at home and take the towable chipper and transit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mercedes-track-800-timber-crane-skidder-winch-trailer_W0QQitemZ160218985131QQihZ006QQcategoryZ108848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

this is worth a look at if you have got a bit of money. mb track with grab and trailer

Because its a high speed tractor, you can take the mog om the motorway !

Yes I take mine on the motorway, never sure on the legalities of that though because a tractor should not do more than 28 mph !

A normal tractor without air brakes and suspension should not go more than 20 mph on the road.

I was told years ago by a traffic cop that the requirements for going on the Mway are capable of doing more than 25 mph on the flat under you own steam,more than 50cc and road compliant ie mud guards, lights,etc.

I have been stopped on the Mway in a mog,i was done for being over weight,they made no mention of my being on the Mway,but i know of someone who have been given a fixed penalty,3 points and a £80 fine,for being on the Mway in a mog.:alberteinstein:

On normal single carriageway roads the maximum speed for a Unimog is:

Unimog’s <7500kg = 50mph

Unimog’s >7500kg = 40mph

On normal dual carriageway roads the maximum speed for a Unimog is:

Unimog’s <7500kg = 60mph

Unimog’s >7500kg = 50mph

On normal motorways the maximum speed for a Unimog is #:

Unimog’s <7500kg = 70mph (if towing a trailer it is 60mph)

Unimog’s >7500kg = 60mph

# = AMV’s (agricultural motor vehicles) are not allowed to use motorways as they are prohibited vehicles due the concessionary VED (vehicle excise duty) by the DVLA

On normal single carriageway roads the maximum speed for a Unimog is:

Unimog’s <7500kg = 50mph

Unimog’s >7500kg = 40mph

On normal dual carriageway roads the maximum speed for a Unimog is:

Unimog’s <7500kg = 60mph

Unimog’s >7500kg = 50mph

On normal motorways the maximum speed for a Unimog is #:

Unimog’s <7500kg = 70mph (if towing a trailer it is 60mph)

Unimog’s >7500kg = 60mph

# = AMV’s (agricultural motor vehicles) are not allowed to use motorways as they are prohibited vehicles due the concessionary VED (vehicle excise duty) by the DVLA

1) If Unimogs cant use the motorway why is there a speed limit for them ?

2) What if you have'nt got it registered as an ag vehicle ?

3) I feel your talents are wasted messing about with trees ?