EMF

Johnsond

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Look at HS2 -  It might be a coincidence but they seem to have tunnelled under great swathes of land that are owned by those with money.

Speaking of money, did you see that Plaid Cymru are seeking to get some money from the offshore wind sector from The Crown Estate? I had never realised that windfarms pay rent to The Crown Estate.

Oh yes Mark the set up is all wrong ref the take old Chuck gets bud, I must admit it’s a great gig if you can swing it eh. Absolutely wrong in every sense. Realistically I know it gets filtered through the system but it’s certainly a throwback to earlier times imo. 

Edited by Johnsond

17 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Cracking deal, paid to produce and paid not too. No wonder the overseas companies are keen to put the wind farms in. 

Yeap, gotta love Vatternfall buying stuff like that to subsidise Sweden and you can't buy shares.

Why premium bonds don't get their hands on them I will never know.

Surely 33m is atleast a couple of turbines we could just take in exchange?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It's a shame we don't have shipbuilding anymore, given the monies involved. 

ship.jpg

Even if the government paid half we'd still be triple the price Daewoo and such can build them for in Korea.

We can't even make large steel pipe in Germany anymore, probably Chinese or Indian.

Edited by GarethM

6 hours ago, Mark J said:

My mate took that picture, he fixes the things. The money involved in the infrastructure is something else. 

Mark how long have I been saying that for bud

Love em or hate em the Americans with the jones act are already building heavy lift vessels as per the pic you posted. Zero vision or long term strategy here, all we get fed is the shit about thousands of skilled green jobs and how we are world leaders in the renewable game 🤷‍♂️utter tosh mate 

• Like 1