Clearance not appearance

The line looks like single phase ‘aerial bundled conductor’.

The vicinity zone of it is 1m, so to put it highly simply, nothing should intrude on this clearance.  To maintain that clearance most DNOs would specify cutting more to allow for the inevitable regrowth.

Exactly how much more will depend on the DNO, based on their interpretation of regulations, engineering recommendations, safety rules and contracts with tree firms.

It is difficult from a photo to gauge distances.  Even using points of reference such as the height of the 30mpg sign against the height of the uncut canopy, the overall height of the tree, the width of the verge or the position of the footpath it’s difficult to estimate that as a 3m (or pretty much 10ft) clearance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

The line looks like single phase ‘aerial bundled conductor’.

The vicinity zone of it is 1m, so to put it highly simply, nothing should intrude on this clearance.  To maintain that clearance most DNOs would specify cutting more to allow for the inevitable regrowth.

Exactly how much more will depend on the DNO, based on their interpretation of regulations, engineering recommendations, safety rules and contracts with tree firms.

Yes, it's new ABC. This is what I was thinking, VZ is only 1m but they've cut back further to allow for regrowth.

Its not a bad job at all, nice cuts to growth points etc and I'm sure the guys were just working to spec.  I'm not emotional about it, we do have a street WhatsApp where people had a moan but i suggested no point complaining to UKPN but rather take up with parish council. Whether I end up trying to reduce or repollard the rest remains to be seen.

8 hours ago, Bolt said:

They used to call it resilience cutting, to allow for up to five year's growth. In this case I guess it will only give them two year's grace.