353 conversion to 3/8

Donnie

Mgiht buy a brand new 353 for brashing trees only as currently doing it with 572s etc but they're now dying on me. 

600 quid for a 353 brand new imported from Logs and Saws. 

Heard they're hardy little things, which is whst I want for brashing as it is as rough as F on saws. 

I'd rather not buy chains online etc and I'd rather make my own and I use Husky 3/8ths. 

How well would this saw perform sharpened every fill with a 15 inch bar 3/8? 

Also how do I go about doing this, is it a case of just changing the rim sprocket and getting a new bar?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Donnie said:

Mgiht buy a brand new 353 for brashing trees only as currently doing it with 572s etc but they're now dying on me. 

600 quid for a 353 brand new imported from Logs and Saws. 

Heard they're hardy little things, which is whst I want for brashing as it is as rough as F on saws. 

I'd rather not buy chains online etc and I'd rather make my own and I use Husky 3/8ths. 

How well would this saw perform sharpened every fill with a 15 inch bar 3/8? 

Also how do I go about doing this, is it a case of just changing the rim sprocket and getting a new bar?

Thanks

You need to change the plastic oiler gear as well I seem to remember .

1 hour ago, Donnie said:

Change it to what? This'll be the first time converting a saw for me. 

It arrives tomorrow

So that it engages with the splines of a 3/8ths set up . I could be wrong here but remember having to do that when changing a 357xp from .325 to .375 .

I'd get an Oregon one though, you should need 18720. The Husqvarna oem number is different, same part.

One quirk I've found is that Makita spare rims (also Oregon made) are a lot cheaper

WWW.LSENGINEERS.CO.UK

Rim Sprocket 3/8". Genuine Makita Part. OEM No. 026224010. Fits Makita DCS430, DCS435...