Chainsaw for small woodland

KeenButGreen

3 hours ago, Aled Hughes said:

What a great saw, power to weight ratio is excellent.

And a Spud ported one on a 15" bar driven by as 8 pin is even better .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stubby said:

And a Spud ported one on a 15" bar driven by as 8 pin is even better .

Rebuild a few from crank up but don't have the knowledge to do that despite seeing enough over the pond videos. Think i have two stripped so would love a wild 346 if i could get someone to port.

2 minutes ago, Aled Hughes said:

Rebuild a few from crank up but don't have the knowledge to do that despite seeing enough over the pond videos. Think i have two stripped so would love a wild 346 if i could get someone to port.

Where are you ?

5 minutes ago, Aled Hughes said:

Mid- North Wales 

Well there is as guy that used to be on here that tweeked my 560xp who is in Wales . His user name was Petemate something but have not seen him in a while . Spud has retired now so your best bet is to message Crockey . He does a Stella job . He ported my 395 and its a missile ! He is well booked up though ...

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Stubby said:

He does a Stella job . He ported my 395 and its a missile ! He is well booked up though ...

How many Stellas to do a stellar job, I'd rather he did them sober 😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Botty Cough said:

I'm all for saw tuning however as I use some saws daily those ones I leave as standard.

For longevity I  buy a slightly bigger saw the perhaps necessary and just get used to it.

Don't think it affects longevity . My 346 was only the second one spud did ( the first being his own if I remember correctly )  It still going strong . I know I am retired from cutting now but it did shed loads of work prior  .

44 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Don't think it affects longevity . My 346 was only the second one spud did ( the first being his own if I remember correctly )  It still going strong . I know I am retired from cutting now but it did shed loads of work prior  .

Yeah.

Thing is tho it's like mapping cars .. how long do you want it to last.

I'm a firm stand by getting a bigger saw than needed and having that for extra power.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

Yeah.

Thing is tho it's like mapping cars .. how long do you want it to last.

I'm a firm stand by getting a bigger saw than needed and having that for extra power.

They may even last longer as they run more efficiently , cleaner , faster burning etc . I always was of the mindset to use the smallest , lightest saw I could get away with . I do though have 50,60 70 ,90 ,95 cc saws and they are all ported .