Ranger Let Me Down!

PeteB

After quietly praising the 67 plate Ranger for passing 240k without too much bother and surviving a year with a bad gearbox, it sounds like bearings have gone on a component in the alternator belt drive! Did think that the alternator had died but that is still charging so could be tensioner? Just when I plan driving some 15 hours over the next two days! The spare truck is a shed too! Bugger!!!

• 3 months later...

Just when a new Ranger is in sight, the cooling jacket on the EGR springs an internal leak! No visual clues but coolant was disappearing and it cut out a few times and had a dpf warning appear and not repeat itself! Parked it and using the other shed until new truck appears!

Killed the other shed! It has boost control issues so got parked! I'm off for a week's break so don't really care!

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

The new Ranger is really quite good! V6 power, loads of driver aids which are taking some getting used to. Passed 2k miles in two weeks and it gets better mpg than the 3.2! Seems higher and wider than the old one and so quiet too! The dash is quite trick with it telling you the speed limit in a commercial vehicle standard and not the car speed in sat nav! Will report more as time goes by but so far, I'm impressed!