Kubato mower

Bernie SE163

1st choice, Looking at a G1600 3 cylinder diesel  ride on mower, it has 1700 hrs on it. Larger mower bag, vacuum fan, PTO and other fittments can be used. 
2nd choice a petrol countax mower with power sweeper and roller, 

I was thinking Kubato as they seem to go on for ever, but has anyone any feedback of either machine. 

Edited by Bernie SE163

38 minutes ago, Bernie SE163 said:

1st choice, Looking at a G1600 3 cylinder diesel  ride on mower, it has 1700 hrs on it. Larger mower bag, vacuum fan, PTO and other fittments can be used. 
2nd choice a petrol countax mower with power sweeper and roller, 

I was thinking Kubato as they seem to go on for ever, but has anyone any feedback of either machine. 

Countax and Westwood are the same thing, share parts etc. Only suitable  for larger domestic gardens. Transaxles are weak for towing. If its a used Countax be aware that parts become obsolete quickly. I inherited two Westwood / countax that came with our house and took another as part payment from a customer. I thought the one from a customer was relatively new, certainly looked it. Parts were already hard to get for it when it needed bits. Parts can also be very pricey for what they are. 

Generally they are not durable or fast enough for commercial work.

If its for your own large lawn then they are fine but don't buy an older one. 

The Kubota will be a far far  better machine but like Dobbin said, what are you expecting of it ? its not for paddocks etc really 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lux said:

Countax and Westwood are the same thing, share parts etc. Only suitable  for larger domestic gardens. Transaxles are weak for towing. If its a used Countax be aware that parts become obsolete quickly. I inherited two Westwood / countax that came with our house and took another as part payment from a customer. I thought the one from a customer was relatively new, certainly looked it. Parts were already hard to get for it when it needed bits. Parts can also be very pricey for what they are. 

Generally they are not durable or fast enough for commercial work.

If its for your own large lawn then they are fine but don't buy an older one. 

The Kubota will be a far far  better machine but like Dobbin said, what are you expecting of it ? its not for paddocks etc really 

I have a few customers with 1/2 acre grass areas, so looking to upgrade to a more powerful machine.

one of my clients had an old countax then bought a new one can't remember the model number but it was a twin cylinder Honda engine a bit more powerful than the old one. but they had a one-and-a-half-acre paddock and half was a wildflower meadow cut once a year, so they got a paddock cutting deck to do it (a pain to change the decks on a gravel drive and different size drive belt) you could Onley do half a breed at a time otherwise it would stall.