Lorry loads of timber for firewood

Donnie

A lot of negativity towards firewood processing here, possibly because a lot of us have done more than enough of it by now.

that said, its where many of us started out or something a good few have done for a bit of an income boost.

Yes. It's hard work,

yes there are other things that pay better,

but it's relatively inexpensive to get into, can be done as and when it suits and can help get your name out there for other work. 

Worst case scenario he ends up with years of cheap fuel and saves on needing a gym membership, sells the splitter and tries something else. 

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Like 7

Does anyone want me to look into importing firewood for them? It's really cheap here compared to the UK. I realise that Sweden isn't the most common country for it to be imported from, but there must be a market there. I did a ten second Marketplace search and this is listed in Oskarhamn (a harbour, 60km from us). Birch only, 600kr/cube (£45.60 at today's exchange rate). 

I'm pretty sure that it's impossible to produce it for that in the UK on a commercial scale at the moment, meaning there must be some margin in it for profit.

Product photo of Björkved

Sweden (or at least our bit) is mostly spruce and pine, but even the minority area of hardwoods is still much more than the UK's hardwood stocks. And the population is minimal here, with most relying on heat pumps now. There is demand for firewood, but just not that much.

• Like 2