Stihl ms260 issues

Welshfred

No, it would run but the idle would be pretty crap from the air leak via the impulse connector. The ones I had in were for stalling and poor running and were deposited to me as such.

You have to remember that we are technicians so when we pick up a saw and use it, we get sensory overload from the number of pulls it took to start, the length of time for the idle to settle, the sound of the engine, the pickup of the engine, maximum revs, the sharpness of the chain, the point the clutch bites and starts the chain spinning, the oiler output etc etc

When the average guy picks it up they register....it seems like it may run, oh great...it has started.......cut some wood and they are happy it is sort of running sort of.

That is why we get machines in that a muffler has "Just fallen off" or..."I think there is something wrong" when the saw looks like it has been dragged out of the village pond!!

Our perceptions are very different and we notice all the shyte that would worry others poor heads.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, spudulike said:

No, it would run but the idle would be pretty crap from the air leak via the impulse connector. The ones I had in were for stalling and poor running and were deposited to me as such.

You have to remember that we are technicians so when we pick up a saw and use it, we get sensory overload from the number of pulls it took to start, the length of time for the idle to settle, the sound of the engine, the pickup of the engine, maximum revs, the sharpness of the chain, the point the clutch bites and starts the chain spinning, the oiler output etc etc

When the average guy picks it up they register....it seems like it may run, oh great...it has started.......cut some wood and they are happy it is sort of running sort of.

That is why we get machines in that a muffler has "Just fallen off" or..."I think there is something wrong" when the saw looks like it has been dragged out of the village pond!!

Our perceptions are very different and we notice all the shyte that would worry others poor heads.

This is true. I often listen to machinery operators as i pass them and think 'thats not running right' but if you were to stop and ask they would think it were fine. I got so fed up listening to my neighbour mowing his lawn the other side of the fence this year with his mower constantly hunting i cured it for him. New carb diaphragm on the briggs engine and running as smooth as a smooth thing after. Bloke though the hunting sound was normal. 

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pleasant said:

This is true. I often listen to machinery operators as i pass them and think 'thats not running right' but if you were to stop and ask they would think it were fine. I got so fed up listening to my neighbour mowing his lawn the other side of the fence this year with his mower constantly hunting i cured it for him. New carb diaphragm on the briggs engine and running as smooth as a smooth thing after. Bloke though the hunting sound was normal. 

How many times do you hear a lawn mower running out of fuel, starting to hunt up and down and think to yourself just stop it and refuel. But no, they keep going until it completely dies, then after a few minutes there's the sound of a pull cord being pulled over and over.

21 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Funny but I did that for my neighbour as well as I couldn't stand hearing it any more. The funny thing is that he knew it was going to drive me mad and I would be round to fix it.....we do get on well.

The fuel emulsion tube was blocked on this one.