Bar maintenance questions

Donnie

Maybe it works, can't rely on the quality descriptions on AliExpress...

Electric saw blade is a high wear item, metal chain rides on metal track, metal to metal wear quickly, even if you add fuel, your bar still wear heavily, the grille becomes wider, causing the chain to wander, making the saw cut bent, as the chain swings between the tracks, this tool will quickly close the gap to factory specifications

If you can find one of these, they are fantastic. We have one in the workshop.

Been discontinued from Oregon for sometime, but they pop up on the 'bay' from time to time. A lot of people don't even know what it is!

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, pleasant said:

If you can find one of these, they are fantastic. We have one in the workshop.

Been discontinued from Oregon for sometime, but they pop up on the 'bay' from time to time. A lot of people don't even know what it is!

That looks pretty decent tbh. 

@Dan Maynard

mainly the reason I asked as it's not exactly branded etc

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

Buckin Billy Ray has a roller style one. Watch any of his (four thousand) videos on bar maintenance. 

Hey friends...

that's where I've got the idea from, friends. 

Also was thinking of bar maintenance and was going to buy a cheap 100 quid belt sander for the garage. Does anybody else use one for burrs? I use a flat file in the wood but it'd be grand in the garage. 

• Donnie changed the title to Bar maintenance questions
31 minutes ago, handcutter said:

The rollers do work just not sure on that brand, battery grinder, flappy disc and bar in a stump vice is the mobile option I’ve found for best results in the wood 

Not carrying a battery grinder up the hill but that is a good idea. Flat file it is for at work but if I can stretch it out til the end of the week and get everything on a saturday after work pretty quickly on a belt sander thatd be great.