Forst coolant reservoir

Aaron R

Hi all mechanics is not my thing so any help would be brilliant.

i noticed a wet patch on the ground Friday never noticed it before so i opened the hoodup and 

I just noticed a loose pipe dangling fron the coolant reservoir tank.

There is 1 pipe going to the radiator and another going nowhere and i csnt find where it goes to? Can anyone help please. 

Thankyou 

Question 2

which hydraulic oil is suitable for a forst st6 diesel. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

14 hours ago, Aaron R said:

Hi all mechanics is not my thing so any help would be brilliant.

i noticed a wet patch on the ground Friday never noticed it before so i opened the hoodup and 

I just noticed a loose pipe dangling fron the coolant reservoir tank.

There is 1 pipe going to the radiator and another going nowhere and i csnt find where it goes to? Can anyone help please. 

Thankyou 

Question 2

which hydraulic oil is suitable for a forst st6 diesel. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

The loose pipe is the overflow, it’s where the coolant goes as it expands if you overfill the expansion bottle, or if it boils over. 

Standard hydraulic 46 for the oil. 

• Thanks 1

Hmmm. As hot water expands, it wants to go somewhere.  Some systems have the expansion tanks and others don't- just a loose hose, depends on the radiator cap as to what happens. With the right cap and expansion bottle, the hot water gets in to the tank and as the system cools, it gets back into the radiator. Other systems just pressurise but the cap keeps the pressure in (up to a point) but have a loose hose downwards from the cap to exhaust fluid etc in the event of bother!

What engine have you? Is there an expansion tank there? Is it under warranty from your supplier?