150 vtr tracking problem

Joe d

Hi all , I've got a timberwolf 150 vtr year 2010 with 1700 hrs on , right hand side track has become noticeably slower in recent months , so we replaced the track motor drive but seems to be no different, does anyone have any similar experiences as to what it could be ? I'm think possibly the control valve group needs looking at , any help would be greatly appreciated, thank in advance 

2 hours ago, Joe d said:

Hi all , I've got a timberwolf 150 vtr year 2010 with 1700 hrs on , right hand side track has become noticeably slower in recent months , so we replaced the track motor drive but seems to be no different, does anyone have any similar experiences as to what it could be ? I'm think possibly the control valve group needs looking at , any help would be greatly appreciated, thank in advance 

Is the control lever which operates the valve block getting full movement? You want to be checking this at the valve block end. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, maybelateron said:

Good idea. Bet one hose is too short to fit the other side😂

It wouldn't surprise me, but try at the spool block end 😉.

Granted if he's already replaced the drive motor it's unlikely to be the pipes, even 30year old ones delaminate on the outside before the inside as it's relatively sealed from the outside elements as it's low oxygen.

Valve block or a failing pump would be my guess, plus check your filters for any swarf.

Are you running standard hydraulic oil and not some veg based stuff ?.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

Is the control lever which operates the valve block getting full movement? You want to be checking this at the valve block end. 

Hi , yes its moving no problem in both directions fairly smoothly 

23 minutes ago, GarethM said:

It wouldn't surprise me, but try at the spool block end 😉.

Granted if he's already replaced the drive motor it's unlikely to be the pipes, even 30year old ones delaminate on the outside before the inside as it's relatively sealed from the outside elements as it's low oxygen.

Valve block or a failing pump would be my guess, plus check your filters for any swarf.

Are you running standard hydraulic oil and not some veg based stuff ?.

Yeah it's just normal hydraulic oil cheers