The Arbalk morning register!

Stephen Blair

6 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

heading out with friends for a breakfast.

Well that was an interesting breakfast, discovered I'm at the centre of village gossip, currently known as the angel of the moor!

The other night on the moor walking Cassie, the whole time we could hear Dai, the Welshman of the village (mid 80's) shouting forlornly into the darkness, "Jack... Jack... Jack...". Obvious he'd lost his collie again.

Well Jack came to say hello to us so I took his collar and headed for Dai's voice. He was a bit flustered to be fair, he'd been out for a while and the darkness had caught him out. The poor bugger fell over so I got him up and found his keys dropped in the heather, then had to show him where his car was as he'd become so disorientated.

No big deal I thought, just what you do.

But Dai sees it differently! Telling anyone that he meets the tree guy saved his life on the moor, in his hour of need he'd asked the lord for help and I came to him like an angel from the darkness. I've had a few texts about it but half the people we met this morning were laughing saying "so you're the angel of the moor, saved Dai's life he's saying". I was even introduced to someone's husband as the angel!

I've been called a lot worse and breakfast was lovely so not a bad morning was had.

DSC_0567.thumb.JPG.da3c3fc0df2fb677202947160a121df9.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Well that was an interesting breakfast, discovered I'm at the centre of village gossip, currently known as the angel of the moor!

The other night on the moor walking Cassie, the whole time we could hear Dai, the Welshman of the village (mid 80's) shouting forlornly into the darkness, "Jack... Jack... Jack...". Obvious he'd lost his collie again.

Well Jack came to say hello to us so I took his collar and headed for Dai's voice. He was a bit flustered to be fair, he'd been out for a while and the darkness had caught him out. The poor bugger fell over so I got him up and found his keys dropped in the heather, then had to show him where his car was as he'd become so disorientated.

But Dai sees it differently! Telling anyone that he meets the tree guy saved his life on the moor, in his hour of need he'd asked the lord for help and I came to him like an angel from the darkness. I've had a few texts about it but half the people we met this morning were laughing saying "so you're the angel of the moor, saved Dai's life he's saying". I was even introduced to someone's husband as the angel!

I've been called a lot worse and breakfast was lovely so not a bad morning was had.

Fair play Doug and good on you . You'll sleep sound tonight, it's nice being nice 🙂

( BTW, I've been  referred to in the past as a cult figure.....I think that's what was said 😊 )

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Typical welshman 🤣

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Typical welshman 🤣

We have some interesting chats Les.

Remember meeting him once (he lives next to my mate Lawrence) and he said "see your boy Law is walkin in the woods these days then".

What do you mean Dai?

"He's walkin in the woods in ee".

Don't know what you mean Dai.

"He's walkin in the woods you bloody fool! In the woods every day ee is, walkin, for money you see".

I said ah, he's working in the woods.

"That's what I said you bloody fool. He's taking out wood for eatin".

For eating Dai? Who's eating wood I said.

"No you bloody fool, got cloth ears you have boy, he's takin out wood for eatin, eatin your bloody house you see!

Of course Lawrence was doing chip for biomass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Doug Tait said:

Remember meeting him once (he lives next to my mate Lawrence) and he said "see your boy Law is walkin in the woods these days then".

What do you mean Dai?

"He's walkin in the woods you bloody fool! In the woods every day ee is, walkin, for money you see".

"No you bloody fool, got cloth ears you have boy, he's takin out wood for eatin, eatin your bloody house you see!

Coming soon.....The  Doug meets Dai, "Talks on the Walks" thread 😀 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Doug Tait said:

What do you mean Dai?

To derail further then:

It sounds a bit like the  inspector Clouseau sketch at the inn/auberge "do do have a rheurm?"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

What do you mean Dai?

Edited by Blackbriarwoods
find better link
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1