Rhino Teeth on Predator grinders

swinny

Need to order some new teeth up soon and considering using the rhino teeth in the stock predator wheel. 

Do I need to swap all 6 out? sure ive seen a post somewhere saying they use rhino in the lead and use old multi in the back pockets, but looking at this, surely the sides on the multi stick out more than the rhino so will be grinding also and slowing the machine down? 

Last but not least..... I take it the small are more than adequate for a p26/28 machine?

or..... stop fannying about and keep with multi tip lol 

Whether you need to swap all 6 teeth out depends on the condition of your current teeth. If they are still in good condition, you can get away with swapping out just the leading teeth. However, if they are worn or damaged, it is best to replace all 6 teeth.

The size of the teeth you choose will also depend on the size of your machine. For a P26/28 machine, the small teeth should be adequate. However, if you are cutting thicker branches, you may want to consider using larger teeth.

It’s easy to see the difference if you measure out from the shaft with a stick or similar. There staggered in 3 pairs, first pair does most of the work, second pair does a fair bit and 3rd pair just clear the crap out. 

when I had Predetor grinders I used to put a new pair in the leading pair, move the old ones to the second pair and them to the third pair. The old third pair used to go in the scrap bin.

yes you can sharpen them but the time involved was never worth it, just price them into a job.
Unless it was really stoney shit job, in which case I would sharpen on the machine with a batt angry grinder and diamond disc in between changes. I also kept a few in various states of wear so if I broke a tooth it could be changed with one in a similar state to it’s pair to keep the wheel balance.

• Like 2