Unlawful work to TPO'd tree

Kylus Sylvestris

9 hours ago, AHPP said:

@Chris at eden Have you got any course material/notes from your interview training?

No mate sorry. It was when I worked as a TO a few years ago. I think it all got left in the office during the pandemic then everything went electronic. 

The course was via Daniel trading services but Bond Solon do one as well that looks pretty good. I did my expert witness training with Bond Solon and would highly recommend. 

1 hour ago, donnk said:

never accept a police caution, you will have a criminal record thereafter.

A caution is offered usually as the case isnt strong enough to take to the courts.

Who told you that!  

The PACE and RIPA Acts were created to stop the police from doing that kind of stuff.  It was common back in the 80s but it’s illegal for the police to do that now.  You can’t use a caution as a bargaining chip to get someone to admit guilt. They have to admit guilt first before you raise it as an option.   You would have to be next level bonkers to admit guilt and then not accept a caution.  Plus, if you refuse a caution, the police are obliged to prosecute as they would have the evidence, I.e. the admission, and it would be in the public interest.  The potential prosecution also has to be in the public interest to offer a caution.  If they step out of line with any of this they will be hammered by the barrister and the case will be thrown out due to the investigation being illegal. 

I don’t think cautions are criminal records either, not 100% sure but what would be the point in accepting them if they were.  I think they show on an enhanced DBS check for a few years but not the basic one.  Plus, they go after a while due to the Minor Offenders Rehabilitation Act as do minor convictions.  

Cheers 

Chris 

• Like 3

yes agree admitting anything to plod is idiotic.

remain silent, let solicitor do the talking.

remember plod can lie to you legally but you cant to them.

The clue to a caution being a criminal record is that it shows up on  a criminal records check.

Edited by donnk

On 19/08/2023 at 13:25, hedge mong said:

Nope no weight but still STFU

Big man, being rude to people from the safety of anonymity.

As suspected your contributions to this forum are mostly hot air and bravado and it will please me to ignore all of them in the future. So in that respect I will indeed S the FU and leave you to continue believing that your utterances are sound, helpful or entertaining.

Edited by daltontrees
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, daltontrees said:

As suspected your contributions to this forum are mostly hot air and bravado and it will please me to ignore all of them in the future. So in that respect I will indeed S the FU and leave you to continue believing that your utterances are sound, helpful of entertaining.

Glad your so happy

On 18/08/2023 at 03:06, Kylus Sylvestris said:

A cluster**************** of a TPO related scenario that's really shocked me in the last couple of days. In short...

1900-2015 open-grown field oak, loving life.

2017 planning consent for circa 200 houses. Oak retained in Public Space (not adopted).

2018-2019 half of the tree's roots chopped off, soil levels altered, trenches dug within 6-7m, and houses built partly under canopy on one side. Tree pruned to remove branches overhanging property.

2023 (March) TPO request made to LPA (yes, me)

2023 (April) LPA serve TPO

2023 (June/July) Some ****************wit hacks it about without consent. No application on planning portal.

Tree Officer not aware of any consented work. Nobody really knows who owns the tree as the consortium of developers will be very hard to find. And to top it all, a copy of the TPO is still attached the adjacent lamppost. The mind boggles. Question is, how to winkle out the culprits?

2018 sept.jpeg

2023 aug.jpeg

00.lamppost.TPO 2.jpeg

2023 aug a.jpeg

Is it your tree?? No?? then move along and forget about it, none of your business.

john..

4 hours ago, daltontrees said:

As suspected your contributions to this forum are mostly hot air and bravado and it will please me to ignore all of them in the future. So in that respect I will indeed S the FU and leave you to continue believing that your utterances are sound, helpful of entertaining.

Sometimes saying nothing at all is a good option..... Only words, not worth it perhaps?