Husqvarna 357xp leak on decompression button (hose, lower) but part not available any longer

Treemover

Can anyone help? My saw is with my dealer they have conducted a leak test and found the hose that comes out of the lower end of crankcase to the decompression button is torn or leaking; but cannot get a new part. Blocking isnt a guarantee and run with a manual decompression button.

Has anyone else been through this? Parts may be available elsewhere?

2 hours ago, Treemover said:

Can anyone help? My saw is with my dealer they have conducted a leak test and found the hose that comes out of the lower end of crankcase to the decompression button is torn or leaking; but cannot get a new part. Blocking isnt a guarantee and run with a manual decompression button.

Has anyone else been through this? Parts may be available elsewhere?

Yes . I did away with that auto decomp on one years ago . Just crimp over the bit of metal pipe that the rubber goes on and fit a normal decomp button or blank it off completely . It was absolutely fine after that .

• Like 3

Stubby is absolutely correct, the manual deco valve will fit in place of the valve in the cylinder, you then blank off the nipple from the bottom of the cylinder, either a rubber boot or use a self tapping screw and sealant.

• Like 2

Thanks lads this is what my dealer advised, but wasnt sure what decomp valve to use as he says there are different valves and pop at different pressures, but i would have thought a similar 55cc saw would match?

Someone else told me I might get the part in the USA