560xp on a 20?

stihlmadasever

9 hours ago, adw said:

Thanks Stubby, but you lost me a bit, the 365 has always had the same bottom end as the 372, correct me if I’m wrong but I just can’t ever remember the 365 having grey cover clips.

There also was a 362 ,which had the small bar pad.

The first 365 had different shaped inlet and boot, this was changed to the same as the 372 when the special came along, other than that it was just a marketing thing, I can remember sales putting Special stickers on the 50 and watched sales increase.

I thought the very first 365 ( just called a 365 ) and the 362 ( small mount ) shared a bottom end/crank case assembly and that it was he 365 special that used  the 372 bottom end or......is my old woolly mind just making this up ! 😁

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2023 at 13:36, matt bumby said:

Hi, ive been selling husky for 10 years now and owned plenty!

They will pull one with no problems at all for occasional bigger jobs, just sick to a 325 small mount bar (oregon is the cheapest) try not change sprockets to 3/8 and run bigger chain.

if you want my honest opinion on it.. i would just go ahead with a 562xp, the tuning and larger air filter is designed to take it all day, we had loads of issues with 560xp saws coming in some less than a year old seized up from overheating, people running 20" 3/8 bars on them.. granted it was mainly in woodyards so a lot constant high revs but still not good to see, hope this helps !!

My 560 did two engines in very short time.   Huskys attitude at the time has sent a lifelong user to Sthil.  

A

• Like 2