Ya know them days being a subbie chews at you?

eggsarascal

15 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

I actually agree with Alex on this one. Most people who use me do so because I know my job and do it well. If someone wants to tell me how to do it against my experience and judgement then I'll gladly comply. Not my issue if a job overruns or a shed gets the business as a result of that. I'll probably have a giggle as it happens.

I can believe you’d play along if the job over-ran, but I am not so sure you’d  knowingly causing damage to property.

Otherwise you’d get the nickname Joe “he makes sheds dead” Newton

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Why, If someone is paying you to do the job why get involved?Give me the job card, parts, and an extra pair of hands and it will be sorted. Each to their own, I guess.

That's how it mostly is, but if someone insisted then who am I to argue. When your dogma has cost you money and inconvenience you might think twice about overruling me next time. 

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I can believe you’d play along if the job over-ran, but I am not so sure you’d  knowingly causing damage to property.

Otherwise you’d get the nickname Joe “he makes sheds dead” Newton

Don't get me wrong, if you're not destroying the odd shed/fence etc then you're just not trying.

I'll generally tell whoever I'm working for how it's doing to go. If they insist on imposing themselves on me then fuck it, I really don't care. I'm secure enough in my competence. If you want to tell me how to do a job that I know better than you then on your head be it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Newton said:

That's how it mostly is, but if someone insisted then who am I to argue. When your dogma has cost you money and inconvenience you might think twice about overruling me next time. 

Don't get me wrong, if you're not destroying the odd shed/fence etc then you're just not trying.

I'll generally tell whoever I'm working for how it's doing to go. If they insist on imposing themselves on me then **************** it, I really don't care. I'm secure enough in my competence. If you want to tell me how to do a job that I know better than you then on your head be it!

Of course all agreed,

But come on now….the “he makes sheds dead” It’s a thing ….. amirite?

(sending email to Go daddy as we speak)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Of course all agreed,

But come on now….the “he makes sheds dead” It’s a thing ….. amirite?

(sending email to Go daddy as we speak)

Come to think of it, I probably haven't been trying hard enough. I've really not had many damages apart from the odd fence panel and a couple of roof tiles. I did write off a fiat 500 and the transit  I was driving once because I was trying to operate a jetboil whilst driving.

I reckon you'll have a good fuckup story or two Mick?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Come to think of it, I probably haven't been trying hard enough. I've really not had many damages apart from the odd fence panel and a couple of roof tiles. I did write off a fiat 500 and the transit  I was driving once because I was trying to operate a jetboil whilst driving.

I reckon you'll have a good ****************up story or two Mick?

How long have you got?!

In 2004 dropped a big oak butt in a garden in Woking without realizing there was a 15” main sewage pipe just under the surface.

The groundy said he’d heard a funny noise when it dropped, I said it was just a redundant land drain from when it was farmland.

Then the tampons, nappies and human shit started covering the lawn.

The picture is of me ringing it down, I realised that it was too time consuming so I felled it in one.

2B5A8C4B-60B4-41E2-9E9D-7EBAC615CA62.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
Back up lines/flip lines are for the gays.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

I'll generally tell whoever I'm working for how it's doing to go. If they insist on imposing themselves on me then **************** it, I really don't care. I'm secure enough in my competence. If you want to tell me how to do a job that I know better than you then on your head be it!

24 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Who are you to argue, if you are the more experienced person I’d say it’s your place to put your point across. We knew the diameter and the length of the riser, I told him draining it back would flood the chamber, he wouldn’t listen until it was to late, then we sit about for three hours waiting for a tanker, he’s cost me time and himself call out charges for a tanker. As I said earlier, I’m there to earn us both money.

“Rig it there.”
“I don’t think we’ve got the height.” 
“We do.”
“Are you sure you don’t want me to go a bit further out for a bit more clearance over the fence?”

“Yes I’m sure. I’m a mint climber myself.” 

Cut. Swing. Fence gets it. 

Awkward silence.

22 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

How long have you got?!

In 2004 dropped a big oak butt in a garden in Woking without realizing there was a 15” main sewage pipe just under the surface.

The groundy said he’d heard a funny noise when it dropped, I said it was just a redundant land drain from when it was farmland.

Then the tampons, nappies and human shit started covering the lawn.

The picture is of me ringing it down, I realised that it was too time consuming so I felled it in one.

2B5A8C4B-60B4-41E2-9E9D-7EBAC615CA62.jpeg

Outfuckingstanding!  That's a chunky girl alright. Sod chogging that. How close could you get a crane?

19 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Who are you to argue, if you are the more experienced person I’d say it’s your place to put your point across. We knew the diameter and the length of the riser, I told him draining it back would flood the chamber, he wouldn’t listen until it was to late, then we sit about for three hours waiting for a tanker, he’s cost me time and himself call out charges for a tanker. As I said earlier, I’m there to earn us both money.

I'd bill him overtime. I'd also be insufferable in the aftermath.

If he doesn't want to listen to you and loses money because of that, that's his call.

I hear you though, I generally don't work for people who don't know what they're doing.

• Like 1