Cutting in South Scotland

Donnie

21 hours ago, Stubby said:

2 and a bit . Then sit down for a nice cuppa 🙂 No seriously it is a young mans gig and a good young man at that if you want to make any coin . I take my hat off to him . I would not last till 10:00 today . 

Piece of cake if the fella sets it out right in the fork lift and clears me out. 

Really easy compared to felling considering I just walk around the yard cutting rings. 

Charge 340 for 8-5/5:30 and normally cut about 35 crates worth if I've got a good hand clearing me out. I don't really lift them into the bucket or anything. Seems pretty pointless to me how he handles the log 3 times before it's produce... 

Contemplating a road towable splitter and see if I can go out on a day rate. Some guys charge 220 for the day. 

585 kick back is unreal if you catch the tip on something if you're cutting in a complete mess. Can put me just about on my arse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDon said:

Piece of cake if the fella sets it out right in the fork lift and clears me out. 

Really easy compared to felling considering I just walk around the yard cutting rings. 

Charge 340 for 8-5/5:30 and normally cut about 35 crates worth if I've got a good hand clearing me out. I don't really lift them into the bucket or anything. Seems pretty pointless to me how he handles the log 3 times before it's produce... 

Contemplating a road towable splitter and see if I can go out on a day rate. Some guys charge 220 for the day. 

585 kick back is unreal if you catch the tip on something if you're cutting in a complete mess. Can put me just about on my arse.

I was meaning the felling ! 🙂

• Confused 1

New belt sander for bars and wedges... yet to decide how to and where to mount it in the garage. Quite fancy it being on a wooden shelf on the wall at a good height... 

Made a bar/chain rack as slowly getting a few spares. Bought a 36 the other night. Only 80 quid from Chris Forestry. Cheap!

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3833.jpeg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JDon said:

New belt sander for bars and wedges... yet to decide how to and where to mount it in the garage. Quite fancy it being on a wooden shelf on the wall at a good height... 

Made a bar/chain rack as slowly getting a few spares. Bought a 36 the other night. Only 80 quid from Chris Forestry. Cheap!

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_3833.jpeg

I got one of those . Belt linisher I have always known it as .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, JDon said:

Some trek for a days work anyways. Will have done 150 miles before @Doug Tait's even thought about trimming hedges

IMG_3887.png

You driving a taxi now Jake!

I had a tough day mate.

Left house at 8.20 for a 6min commute to a small reduction, 10am was back at my neighbours for a small Ash removal, had lunch then popped over your way to watch Logan reduce a paper birch. Home by half 3, knackered...

Edited by Doug Tait
You have no idea how exhausting it is to watch Logan cut tiny bits off a small tree, occasionally I even have to point at something!
  • Haha 5