Squirrels, again.

Found some of the comments in that article hilarious...

They found the poor lady’s squirrel in the bathroom. “It had chewed through a bottle of Listerine and died of alcohol poisoning. It was in the sink, legs in the air, big smile on its face.

“I love squirrels. I love trapping them and I love shooting them.” 

Yet he can’t help but admire their single-minded tenacity and resilience: “They’re amazing. They’re delicious, too.”

When Andrew, 47, noticed a squirrel in residence in his Edinburgh loft, he was equanimous about it. “I don’t think they could make anything fall down unless they acted in concert, or brought in a beaver, but I would prefer them in a tree,” he says. 

• Haha 2

These were my particular favourites;-

"Once, one of his colleagues was bitten by a squirrel, whose massive incisors went through his thumbnail and out the other side. Silby couldn’t get the animal off, because it was locked on and wriggling, so he had to decapitate it, then wrap the thumb – and the squirrel’s head – in a bandage to take his colleague to A&E." - Ouch.

"Doran wishes people would look at the issue of squirrels and trees in the round. Yes, they chew bark, but “they also plant trees [by hiding nuts and seeds that they fail to retrieve] and they’re better at it than red squirrels, because of the way they hoard. Red squirrels tend to put all their eggs in one basket, whereas grey squirrels distribute them more.” - That Natalia Doran sounds like a bit of a case, she runs a squirrel sanctuary - why on earth?

• Haha 1

The labradoodle doesn’t share Hugh’s sentiment on how tasty Grey squirrel is. She caught it and killed it but she atleast gave it the honour of a proper burial. The Mrs found its feet sticking out the compost pile. 

F5F0B492-7CE5-40AE-86A2-B1711CD00170.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bocca said:

The labradoodle doesn’t share Hugh’s sentiment on how tasty Grey squirrel is. She caught it and killed it but she atleast gave it the honour of a proper burial. The Mrs found its feet sticking out the compost pile. 

F5F0B492-7CE5-40AE-86A2-B1711CD00170.png

She'll be giving it a few days for that delightful aroma to develop, a hint of rot is infinitely more appealing.

• Haha 1