When Google really doesn’t help, Arbtalk will surely provide the answer

Squaredy

13 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

Can't help so far as housebuilding is concerned, but we use Sikaflex for bedding windows in to boats.  There are many polysulphide/polyeurethane (sp?) sealants out there that will do the job.  Some also swear by butyl tape which is clean and simple, but I have no experience of that.

Thank you, I have always known Sikaflex as great boat products - used for caulking between planks of carvel sea going boats.  Which actual one would you use?

Difficult to recommend a specific product because I'm using it for different purposes - usually involving grp or acrylic (so 291 is our choice but not necessarily ideal for wood.  A quick search on the Sikaflex website suggests that their Sikaflex -11FC Purform might be suitable, but then again they also have -118 Extreme Grab as well - links below.

I have found that their technical support dept is very good and more than happy to advise.  Deffo worth shopping round/google as prices can vary widely - almost by an order of magnitude.

Don't exclude other products from your deliberations - we also use Arbokol, Arbomast and CT-1 depending on the specifics of the job in hand.

GBR.SIKA.COM

Sikaflex®-11 FC Purform® is a 1-part moisture curing elastic adhesive and sealant. It is used for interior and exterior...

GBR.SIKA.COM

Sikaflex®-118 Extreme Grab is a 1- part construction adhesive with very high initial grab which bonds most construction...

47 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

Difficult to recommend a specific product because I'm using it for different purposes - usually involving grp or acrylic (so 291 is our choice but not necessarily ideal for wood.  A quick search on the Sikaflex website suggests that their Sikaflex -11FC Purform might be suitable, but then again they also have -118 Extreme Grab as well - links below.

I have found that their technical support dept is very good and more than happy to advise.  Deffo worth shopping round/google as prices can vary widely - almost by an order of magnitude.

Don't exclude other products from your deliberations - we also use Arbokol, Arbomast and CT-1 depending on the specifics of the job in hand.

GBR.SIKA.COM

Sikaflex®-11 FC Purform® is a 1-part moisture curing elastic adhesive and sealant. It is used for interior and exterior...

GBR.SIKA.COM

Sikaflex®-118 Extreme Grab is a 1- part construction adhesive with very high initial grab which bonds most construction...

Thank you I will give them a ring tomorrow.