BUYERS BEWARE

forestry

13 hours ago, devonbrion1998 said:

Really sorry to hear that,what a strange world we now live in.

You say pay him a visit but surely thats not his name,along with a bogus address,just some deluded con man sat at home on a lap top taking honest folks hard earned cash?

That is his real name. I know where he lives and where his sawmill is. Just keeps telling tales as to when the firewood will be dispatched. The other guy I spoke with paid him £25k in September and hasn't seen anything yet.

12 hours ago, Steven P said:

The website looks legit, am guessing it is a real person - unless scammers have suddenly got an attention to detail. Suspect he is in over his head promising sales he can't deliver rather than just out to take money. Still, for a decent business you would expect a dialogue and some guilt on their part

You have summed him up exactly. Thought he could just set up a firewood production business and produce "8 loads a month", still taking orders, advertising and sending out sales emails today, despite the fact that someone who paid him in September ( 4 months ago ). 

12 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Sorry you got conned by this guy, but c’mon why didn’t you put in checks and balances to ensure this didn’t happen?

I did run some checks but unfortunately they turned out to be false. He is a South African living in the Czech Republic who has in the past traded successfully selling another producers firewood and traded in sleepers and sawn timber. 

I have been importing firewood for over 12 years so I should have known better, but hey, you never stop learning.

11 hours ago, spudulike said:

Quick check, they are listed at companies house and have a registered address, that is where the good news ends.

The registered address has numerous companies running out of the same address so it looks like a single office looking after the post for a multitude of dodgy businesses. 

The last time I saw this it was a guy in Bournemouth running a white goods service company who took my old man for £350 and am sorry to say, this guy is using exactly the same London address.

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

TRANS GLOBAL TIMBERS LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges, business...

He has 2 different companies - Trans Global Timber Ltd which is UK registered and Trans Global Timbers s.r.o which is Czech registered. Interestingly my deal was with the Czech company and the other guys is with the UK company.

10 hours ago, oldwoodcutter said:

If I was going to be handing out that kind of money, I would at the very least made contact in person, including looking at his site of operation .

Or if he was at the other end of the country I would have made arrangements for someone acting on my behalf to do same.

I am pleased you are so thorough.

34 minutes ago, forestry said:

I did run some checks but unfortunately they turned out to be false. He is a South African living in the Czech Republic who has in the past traded successfully selling another producers firewood and traded in sleepers and sawn timber. 

I have been importing firewood for over 12 years so I should have known better, but hey, you never stop learning.

Ok, it’s a bitter pill to swallow. Hope you can move forward.

59 minutes ago, forestry said:

That is his real name. I know where he lives and where his sawmill is. Just keeps telling tales as to when the firewood will be dispatched. The other guy I spoke with paid him £25k in September and hasn't seen anything yet.

In that case I’d be at his door right  now as well as posting about it  here. I know what it feels like to be bumped  by a main contractor, in one case I was driving back from Dublin on Xmas eve and got a phone call saying the crowd I’d been working for had shut its doors 🤷‍♂️Not a thing I could do and lost the £10k. 
I hope it works out for you but as I said if you know where he is and he’s got valuable kit I know what I’d be doing. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1