Small Stump Grinder

paullen

What small grinders do you guys use?

We're looking to buy our first grinder and I'm not sure what to go for, we have lost a couple of jobs because we couldn't remove the stumps ourselves and hiring one meant our price wasn't competitive :sneaky2:

We generally do the smaller side of tree work, so small to medium trees, hedge removal etc.

I was looking at the Husky SG13 Stump Grinder, has anyone had any experience with them?

I'd love the RAYCO RG25HD orange plant have, but we our pushing our budget at £3500

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mate, stay aweay from the husky, i had one and it was a load of trouble, the cutter wheel kept shearing woodruff keys. i had a carlton sp2010 and that was great, i then got a carlton 2700 remote control big stump grinder which is awesome for big stuff, i also have a small carlton with a honda engine you have to push it but its great for small jobs. also depends on budget. there is a guy on here selling a rayco rg 20, they are simallar to carlton sp2010, its 3250 i think and looks good. its in the classifieds on here. good luck.

We have a husky SG13 and for the the stumps in back gardens its a good little machine. Brought 3 years ago for around £3500, not had any trouble apart from drive belts snapped once, but its easy to maintain/access. Looked at the Danequip but decided on the husky due to the adjustable handles which allow you to grind the stump right down without getting onto a step ladder to keep hold of the handles. Two people can lift it onto the back of the truck. Bad points are as its belt driven you lose power, but as long as you keep the teeth sharp/bearing greased your not forcing the machine too much. Which ever one you get I recommed the teeth sharpening disc,s people sell. Saves us replacing teeth every few stumps. Hope this helps